Insulinin•su•lin (in′sə lin, ins′yə-),USA pronunciation n.
- a polypeptide hormone, produced by the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans of the pancreas, that regulates the metabolism of glucose and other nutrients.
- [Pharm.]any of several commercial preparations of this substance, each of which allows a particular rate of absorption into the system: genetically engineered or obtained from the pig or ox pancreas, and used in the treatment of diabetes to restore the normal ability of the body to utilize sugars and other carbohydrates.
Shelfshelf (shelf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. shelves (shelvz).USA pronunciation
- a thin slab of wood, metal, etc., fixed horizontally to a wall or in a frame, for supporting objects.
- the contents of this: a shelf of books.
- a surface or projection resembling this;
- [Physical Geog.]
- a sandbank or submerged extent of rock in the sea or river.
- the bedrock underlying an alluvial deposit or the like.
- See continental shelf.
- [Archery.]the upper part of the bow hand, on which the arrow rests.
- off the shelf, readily available from merchandise in stock: Any of those parts can be purchased off the shelf.
- on the shelf, [Informal.]
- put aside temporarily;
- without prospects of marriage, as after having broken an engagement.
Lifelife (līf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. lives (līvz),USA pronunciation adj.
- the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.
- the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, esp. metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.
- the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual: to risk one's life; a short life and a merry one.
- a corresponding state, existence, or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul: eternal life.
- the general or universal condition of human existence: Too bad, but life is like that.
- any specified period of animate existence: a man in middle life.
- the period of existence, activity, or effectiveness of something inanimate, as a machine, lease, or play: The life of the car may be ten years.
- a living being: Several lives were lost.
- living things collectively: the hope of discovering life on other planets; insect life.
- a particular aspect of existence: He enjoys an active physical life.
- the course of existence or sum of experiences and actions that constitute a person's existence: His business has been his entire life.
- a biography: a newly published life of Willa Cather.
spirit: a speech full of life.
- the force that makes or keeps something alive;
the vivifying or quickening principle: The life of the treaty has been an increase of mutual understanding and respect.
- a mode or manner of existence, as in the world of affairs or society: So far her business life has not overlapped her social life.
- the period or extent of authority, popularity, approval, etc.: the life of the committee; the life of a bestseller.
- a prison sentence covering the remaining portion of the offender's animate existence: The judge gave him life.
- anything or anyone considered to be as precious as life: She was his life.
- a person or thing that enlivens: the life of the party.
- effervescence or sparkle, as of wines.
- pungency or strong, sharp flavor, as of substances when fresh or in good condition.
- nature or any of the forms of nature as the model or subject of a work of art: drawn from life.
- [Baseball.]another opportunity given to a batter to bat because of a misplay by a fielder.
- (in English pool) one of a limited number of shots allowed a player: Each pool player has three lives at the beginning of the game.
- as large as life, actually;
indeed: There he stood, as large as life.Also, as big as life.
- come to life:
- to recover consciousness.
- to become animated and vigorous: The evening passed, but somehow the party never came to life.
- to appear lifelike: The characters of the novel came to life on the screen.
- for dear life, with desperate effort, energy, or speed: We ran for dear life, with the dogs at our heels.Also, for one's life.
- for the life of one, as hard as one tries;
even with the utmost effort: He can't understand it for the life of him.
- get a life, to improve the quality of one's social and professional life: often used in the imperative to express impatience with someone's behavior.
- not on your life, [Informal.]absolutely not;
under no circumstances;
by no means: Will I stand for such a thing? Not on your life!
- take one's life in one's hands, to risk death knowingly: We were warned that we were taking our lives in our hands by going through that swampy area.
- to the life, in perfect imitation;
exactly: The portrait characterized him to the life.
- for or lasting a lifetime;
lifelong: a life membership in a club; life imprisonment.
- of or pertaining to animate existence: the life force; life functions.
- working from nature or using a living model: a life drawing; a life class.
Ideai•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
Testtest1 (test),USA pronunciation n.
- the means by which the presence, quality, or genuineness of anything is determined;
a means of trial.
- the trial of the quality of something: to put to the test.
- a particular process or method for trying or assessing.
- a set of questions, problems, or the like, used as a means of evaluating the abilities, aptitudes, skills, or performance of an individual or group;
- a set of standardized questions, problems, or tasks designed to elicit responses for use in measuring the traits, capacities, or achievements of an individual.
- the process of identifying or detecting the presence of a constituent of a substance, or of determining the nature of a substance, commonly by the addition of a reagent.
- the reagent used.
- an indication or evidence of the presence of a constituent, or of the nature of a substance, obtained by such means.
- an oath or other confirmation of one's loyalty, religious beliefs, etc.
- a cupel for refining or assaying metals.
- to subject to a test of any kind;
- to subject to a chemical test.
- to assay or refine in a cupel.
- to undergo a test or trial;
- to perform on a test: People test better in a relaxed environment.
- to conduct a test: to test for diabetes.
Stripsstrip1 (strip),USA pronunciation v., stripped or stript, strip•ping, n.
- to deprive of covering: to strip a fruit of its rind.
- to deprive of clothing;
make bare or naked.
- to take away or remove: to strip sheets from the bed.
- to deprive or divest: to strip a tree of its bark; to strip him of all privileges.
- to clear out or empty: to strip a house of its contents.
- to deprive of equipment;
dismantle: to strip a ship of rigging.
- to dispossess, rob, or plunder: to strip a man of his possessions.
- to remove varnish, paint, wax, or the like from: The wood should be stripped and then refinished.
- to separate the leaves from the stalks of (tobacco).
- to remove the midrib, as from tobacco leaves.
- [Mach.]to break off the thread of (a screw, bolt, etc.) or the teeth of (a gear), as by applying too much force.
- to remove the mold from (an ingot).
- to draw the last milk from (a cow), esp. by a stroking and compressing movement.
- to draw out (milk) in this manner.
- [Photoengraving.]to remove (the emulsion from a film base) in order to place it on a glass plate for exposure to the metal plate.
- to clean (a carding roller) by removing waste fibers.
- to transfer (fibers) from one carding roller to another.
- to remove (color) from a cloth or yarn in order to redye it another color.
- to remove color from (a cloth or yarn).
- [Bridge.]to lead successively winning cards from (a hand) in order to dispose of as many cards as necessary preparatory to surrendering the lead to an opponent so that any card the opponent plays will be to his or her disadvantage.
- to strip-mine.
- to remove the most volatile components from, as by distillation or evaporation.
- [Finance.]to split (a bond) for selling separately as a principal certificate and as interest coupons.
- to remove (a vein) by pulling it inside out through a small incision, using a long, hooked instrument.
- to strip something.
- to remove one's clothes.
- to perform a striptease.
- to become stripped: Bananas strip easily.
- a striptease.
Datada•ta (dā′tə, dat′ə, dä′tə),USA pronunciation n.
- a pl. of datum.
- (used with a pl. v.) individual facts, statistics, or items of information: These data represent the results of our analyses. Data are entered by terminal for immediate processing by the computer.
- (used with a sing. v.) a body of facts;
information: Additional data is available from the president of the firm.
Data is a plural of datum, which is originally a Latin noun meaning "something given.'' Today, data is used in English both as a plural noun meaning "facts or pieces of information'' (These data are described more fully elsewhere) and as a singular mass noun meaning "information'': Not much data is available on flood control in Brazil.It is almost always treated as a plural in scientific and academic writing. In other types of writing it is either singular or plural. The singular datum meaning "a piece of information'' is now rare in all types of writing. In surveying and civil engineering, where datum has specialized senses, the plural form is datums.
Hello guys, this image is about Insulin Shelf Life Idea #7 Expired Test Strips Data. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 980 x 1177. It's file size is just 204 KB. Wether You ought to download It to Your PC, you may Click here. You may too download more images by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Insulin Shelf Life.
Insulin Shelf Life Idea #7 Expired Test Strips Data in a room, it really needs thorough computation and cautiously. Placement of furniture made randomly may have a direct effect around the room that looked sloppy and crowded's problem, so it is unable to create a beautiful aspect of a bedroom. One definite furniture will come in an exclusive place like there is just a room a dressing table.
Proper placement that is dressers could jack up the lovely facet of one's personal suites. It'd be great should you gauge the first location which will be occupied by furniture dressers, before buying a bureau. It is very important to avoid a dressing table that meets land's allowance obtainable in the room's purchase.
Feces could be the right decision to get a coupled with dressing-table, in addition to functional as it could be involved under the beneath the dresser, ottoman provides the effect of light.
Within the sense of Insulin Shelf Life Idea #7 Expired Test Strips Data which you need to be able to accommodate every one of the desires components series, for example scents, before 'trappings' tools makeup materials. In general, desks require extra illumination. This is often circumvented by setting a wall lamp around the right and remaining side mirror or with the addition of a small lamp at round the reflection.
Ensure you select a table that is dressing with optimal capability. Insulin Shelf Life Idea #7 Expired Test Strips Data can be utilized for-you who would like to adjust bedroom is made up by the appearance of the.
Desks dual function could possibly be the right decision, if your room includes a measurement that is not-too extensive. So they can be utilized being a database for other household goods like, as a workplace or you're able to select a vanity dressing table which may concurrently function designed with plenty of cabinet drawers.