Hand Painted Jungle Book Crib (charming Hand Painted Cribs #4)
Handhand (hand),USA pronunciation n.
- the terminal, prehensile part of the upper limb in humans and other primates, consisting of the wrist, metacarpal area, fingers, and thumb.
- the corresponding part of the forelimb in any of the higher vertebrates.
- a terminal prehensile part, as the chela of a crustacean, or, in falconry, the foot of a falcon.
- something resembling a hand in shape or function, as various types of pointers: the hands of a clock.
- index (def. 8).
- a person employed in manual labor or for general duties;
laborer: a factory hand; a ranch hand.
- a person who performs or is capable of performing a specific work, skill, or action: a real hand at geometry.
characteristic touch: a painting that shows a master's hand.
- a person, with reference to ability or skill: He was a poor hand at running a business.
- a member of a ship's crew: All hands on deck!
- Often, hands. possession or power;
control, custody, or care: to have someone's fate in one's hands.
- a position, esp. one of control, used for bargaining, negotiating, etc.: an action to strengthen one's hand.
- means, agency;
instrumentality: death by his own hand.
active participation or cooperation: Give me a hand with this ladder.
direction: no traffic on either hand of the road.
- style of handwriting;
penmanship: She wrote in a beautiful hand.
- a person's signature: to set one's hand to a document.
- a round or outburst of applause for a performer: to get a hand.
- a promise or pledge, as of marriage: He asked for her hand in marriage.
- a linear measure equal to 4 inches (10.2 centimeters), used esp. in determining the height of horses.
- the cards dealt to or held by each player at one time.
- the person holding the cards.
- a single part of a game, in which all the cards dealt at one time are played.
- [Roman Law.]manus (def. 2).
- hands, [Manège.]skill at manipulating the reins of a horse: To ride well, one must have good hands.
- a bunch, cluster, or bundle of various leaves, fruit, etc., as a bundle of tobacco leaves tied together or a cluster of bananas.
- [Mach.]the deviation of a thread or tooth from the axial direction of a screw or gear, as seen from one end looking away toward the other.
- the position of the hinges of a door, in terms of right and left, as seen from outside the building, room, closet, etc., to which the doorway leads.
- the position of the hinges of a casement sash, in terms of right and left, from inside the window.
- Also called handle. the fabric properties that can be sensed by touching the material, as resilience, smoothness, or body: the smooth hand of satin.
- [Archaic.]a person considered as a source, as of information or of supply.
- at first hand, firsthand (def. 1).
- at hand:
- within reach;
- near in time;
- ready for use: We keep a supply of canned goods at hand.
- at second hand, See second hand (def. 3).
- at the hand or hands of, by the action of;
through the agency of: They suffered at the hands of their stepfather.
- by hand, by using the hands, as opposed to machines;
manually: lace made by hand.
- change hands, to pass from one owner to another;
change possession: The property has changed hands several times in recent years.
- come to hand:
- to come within one's reach or notice.
- to be received;
arrive: The spring stock came to hand last week.
- eat out of one's hand, to be totally submissive to another;
be very attentive or servile: That spoiled brat has her parents eating out of her hand.
- force one's hand, to prompt a person to take immediate action or to reveal his or her intentions: The criticism forced the governor's hand so that he had to declare his support of the tax bill.
- from hand to hand, from one person to another;
through successive ownership or possession: The legendary jewel went from hand to hand.
- from hand to mouth, improvidently;
with nothing in reserve: They looked forward to a time when they would no longer have to live from hand to mouth.
- give one's hand on or upon, to give one's word;
seal a bargain by or as if by shaking hands: He said the goods would be delivered within a month and gave them his hand on it.
- hand and foot:
- so as to hinder movement: They tied him hand and foot.
- slavishly and continually: Cinderella had to wait on her stepsisters hand and foot.
- hand and glove, very intimately associated: Several high-ranking diplomats were found to be hand and glove with enemy agents.Also, hand in glove.
- hand in hand:
- with one's hand enclasped in that of another person.
- closely associated;
conjointly: Doctors and nurses work hand in hand to save lives.
- hand over fist, speedily;
increasingly: He owns a chain of restaurants and makes money hand over fist.
- hands down:
easily: He won the championship hands down.
incontestably: It was hands down the best race I've ever seen.
- hands off! don't touch, strike, or interfere! keep away from!: Hands off my stereo!
- hands up! hold your hands above your head! give up!
- hand to hand, in direct combat;
at close quarters: The troops fought hand to hand.
- have a hand in, to have a share in;
participate in: It is impossible that she could have had a hand in this notorious crime.
- have one's hands full, to have a large or excessive amount of work to handle;
be constantly busy: The personnel department has its hands full trying to process the growing number of applications.
- hold hands, to join hands with another person as a token of affection: They have been seen holding hands in public.
- in hand:
- under control: He kept the situation well in hand.
- in one's possession: cash in hand.
- in the process of consideration or settlement: regarding the matter in hand.
- join hands, to unite in a common cause;
combine: The democracies must join hands in order to survive.
- keep one's hand in, to continue to practice: He turned the business over to his sons, but he keeps his hand in it. I just play enough golf to keep my hand in.
- lay one's hands on:
- to obtain;
acquire: I wish I could lay my hands on a good used piano.
- to seize, esp. in order to punish: He wanted to lay his hands on the person who had backed into his car.
- to impose the hands in a ceremonial fashion, as in ordination: The bishop laid hands on the candidates.
- lend or give a hand, to lend assistance;
help out: Lend a hand and we'll finish the job in no time.
- lift a hand, to exert any effort: She wouldn't lift a hand to help anyone.Also, lift a finger.
- off one's hands:
- out of one's charge or care: Now, with their children grown and off their hands, they will be free to travel.
- successfully completed;
finished: The lawyer planned a vacation as soon as the case was off his hands.
- on all hands:
- by everyone;
universally: It was decided on all hands to take an excursion.
- on every side;
all around: piercing glances on all hands.Also, on every hand.
- on hand:
- in one's possession;
at one's disposal: cash on hand.
- about to occur;
imminent: A change of government may be on hand.
- present: There were not enough members on hand to constitute a quorum.
- on or upon one's hands, under one's care or management;
as one's responsibility: He was left with a large surplus on his hands.
- on the other hand, from another side or aspect;
conversely: Itwas an unfortunate experience, but, on the other hand, one can learn from one's mistakes.
- out of hand:
- beyond control: to let one's temper get out of hand.
- without delay;
at once: The crisis obliged him to act out of hand.
- no longer in process;
finished: The case has been out of hand for some time.
- without consideration or deliberation: to reject a proposal out of hand.
- shake hands, to clasp another's hand in greeting, congratulation, or agreement: They shook hands on the proposed partnership.
- show one's hand, to disclose or display one's true intentions or motives: The impending revolution forced him to show his hand.
- sit on one's hands:
- to be unenthusiastic or unappreciative;
fail to applaud: It was a lively show, but the audience sat on its hands.
- to take no action;
be passive or hesitant: While he was being beaten, the others sat on their hands.
- take a hand in, to take part in;
participate in: If the strike continues, the government will have to take a hand in the negotiations.
- take in hand:
- to undertake responsibility for;
assume charge: When both parents died, an uncle took the youngster in hand.
- to deal with;
treat of: We'll take the matter in hand at the next meeting.
- throw up one's hands, to admit one's inadequacy, exasperation, or failure;
despair: When the general received reports of an enemy build-up, he threw up his hands.
- tie one's hands, to render one powerless to act;
thwart: The provisions of the will tied his hands.Also, have one's hands tied.
- tip one's hand, to reveal one's plans or intentions before the propitious time.
- to hand:
- within reach;
accessible or nearby.
- into one's possession: A search of the attic brought some valuable antiques to hand.
- try one's hand (at), to test one's skill or aptitude for: After becoming a successful painter, he decided to try his hand at sculpture.
- turn or put one's hand to, to set to work at;
busy oneself with: He turned his hand successfully to gardening.
- wash one's hands of, to disclaim any further responsibility for;
renounce interest in or support of: I washed my hands of the entire affair.
- with a heavy hand:
- with severity;
oppressively: The law will punish offenders with a heavy hand.
- in a clumsy manner;
gracelessly: The play was directed with a heavy hand.
- with a high hand, in an arrogant or dictatorial manner;
arbitrarily: He ran the organization with a high hand.
- to deliver or pass with or as if with the hand.
- to help, assist, guide, etc., with the hand: He handed the elderly woman across the street.
- to take in or furl (a sail).
- to haul on or otherwise handle.
- hand down:
- to deliver (the decision of a court): The jury handed down a verdict of guilty.
- to transmit from one to another, esp. to bequeath to posterity: The ring had been handed down from her grandmother.
- hand in, to submit;
present for acceptance: She handed in her term paper after the deadline.
- hand in one's checks, [Chiefly Brit.]See cash (def. 7).
- hand it to, [Informal.]to give just credit to;
pay respect to: You have to hand it to her for getting the work out.
- hand off, [Football.]to hand the ball to a member of one's team in the course of a play.
- hand on, to transmit;
pass on to a successor, posterity, etc.: The silver service was handed on to the eldest daughter of the family.
- hand out, to give or distribute;
pass out: People were handing out leaflets on every corner.
- hand over:
- to deliver into the custody of another.
- to surrender control of: He handed over his business to his children.
- of, belonging to, using, or used by the hand.
- made by hand.
- carried in or worn on the hand.
- operated by hand;
Paintedpaint•ed (pān′tid),USA pronunciation adj.
- reproduced or represented in paint: a painted image.
- covered with a coating of paint: a painted chair.
feigned: a painted life.
- exaggerated or misrepresented: a luridly painted version of what really happened.
- covered with makeup, esp. to excess.
- brightly colored or multicolored (used in combinations).
Bookbook (bŏŏk),USA pronunciation n.
- a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.
- a number of sheets of blank or ruled paper bound together for writing, recording business transactions, etc.
- a division of a literary work, esp. one of the larger divisions.
- the Book, the Bible.
- the text or libretto of an opera, operetta, or musical.
- books. See book of account.
- [Jazz.]the total repertoire of a band.
- a script or story for a play.
- a record of bets, as on a horse race.
- [Cards.]the number of basic tricks or cards that must be taken before any trick or card counts in the score.
- a set or packet of tickets, checks, stamps, matches, etc., bound together like a book.
- anything that serves for the recording of facts or events: The petrified tree was a book of Nature.
- a collection of facts and information about the usual playing habits, weaknesses, methods, etc., of an opposing team or player, esp. in baseball: The White Sox book on Mickey Mantle cautioned pitchers to keep the ball fast and high.
- the customers served by each registered representative in a brokerage house.
- a loose-leaf binder kept by a specialist to record orders to buy and sell stock at specified prices.
- a pile or package of leaves, as of tobacco.
- a thick block or crystal of mica.
- a magazine: used esp. in magazine publishing.
- See book value.
- bookmaker (def. 1).
- bring to book, to call to account;
bring to justice: Someday he will be brought to book for his misdeeds.
- by the book, according to the correct or established form;
in the usual manner: an unimaginative individual who does everything by the book.
- close the books, to balance accounts at the end of an accounting period;
- cook the books, [Informal.]See cook (def. 10).
- in one's bad books, out of favor;
disliked by someone: He's in the boss's bad books.
- in one's book, in one's personal judgment or opinion: In my book, he's not to be trusted.
- in one's good books, in favor;
liked by someone.
- like a book, completely;
thoroughly: She knew the area like a book.
- make book:
- to accept or place the bets of others, as on horse races, esp. as a business.
- to wager;
bet: You can make book on it that he won't arrive in time.
- off the books, done or performed for cash or without keeping full business records: esp. as a way to avoid paying income tax, employment benefits, etc.: Much of his work as a night watchman is done off the books.
- one for the book or books, a noteworthy incident;
something extraordinary: The daring rescue was one for the book.
- on the books, entered in a list or record: He claims to have graduated from Harvard, but his name is not on the books.
- the book:
- a set of rules, conventions, or standards: The solution was not according to the book but it served the purpose.
- the telephone book: I've looked him up, but he's not in the book.
- throw the book at:
- to sentence (an offender, lawbreaker, etc.) to the maximum penalties for all charges against that person.
- to punish or chide severely.
- without book:
- from memory.
- without authority: to punish without book.
- write the book, to be the prototype, originator, leader, etc., of: So far as investment banking is concerned, they wrote the book.
- to enter in a book or list;
- to reserve or make a reservation for (a hotel room, passage on a ship, etc.): We booked a table at our favorite restaurant.
- to register or list (a person) for a place, transportation, appointment, etc.: The travel agent booked us for next week's cruise.
- to engage for one or more performances.
- to enter an official charge against (an arrested suspect) on a police register.
- to act as a bookmaker for (a bettor, bet, or sum of money): The Philadelphia syndicate books 25 million dollars a year on horse racing.
- to register one's name.
- to engage a place, services, etc.
- to study hard, as a student before an exam: He left the party early to book.
- to leave;
depart: I'm bored with this party, let's book.
- to work as a bookmaker: He started a restaurant with money he got from booking.
- book in, to sign in, as at a job.
- book out, to sign out, as at a job.
- book up, to sell out in advance: The hotel is booked up for the Christmas holidays.
- of or pertaining to a book or books: the book department; a book salesman.
- derived or learned from or based on books: a book knowledge of sailing.
- shown by a book of account: The firm's book profit was $53,680.
Cribcrib (krib),USA pronunciation n., v., cribbed, crib•bing.
- a child's bed with enclosed sides.
- a stall or pen for cattle.
- a rack or manger for fodder, as in a stable or barn.
- a bin for storing grain, salt, etc.
- a translation, list of correct answers, or other illicit aid used by students while reciting, taking exams, or the like;
- a petty theft.
- a room, closet, etc., in a factory or the like, in which tools are kept and issued to workers.
- a shallow, separate section of a bathing area, reserved for small children.
- any confined space.
- a house, shop, etc., frequented by thieves or regarded by thieves as a likely place for burglarizing.
- any of various cellular frameworks of logs, squared timbers, or steel or concrete objects of similar form assembled in layers at right angles, often filled with earth and stones and used in the construction of foundations, dams, retaining walls, etc.
- a barrier projecting part of the way into a river and then upward, acting to reduce the flow of water and as a storage place for logs being floated downstream.
- a lining for a well or other shaft.
- one's home;
- [Cribbage.]a set of cards made up by equal contributions from each player's hand, and belonging to the dealer.
- a cheap, ill-kept brothel.
- a wicker basket.
- lunch, esp. a cold lunch carried from home to work and eaten by a laborer on the job;
- to pilfer or steal, esp. to plagiarize (another's writings or ideas).
- to confine in or as if in a crib.
- to provide with a crib or cribs.
- to line with timber or planking.
- to use a crib in examinations, homework, translating, etc.
- to steal;
- (of a horse) to practice cribbing.
Hello , this attachment is about Hand Painted Jungle Book Crib (charming Hand Painted Cribs #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 658 x 527. It's file size is only 48 KB. Wether You desired to download This post to Your PC, you might Click here. You also also download more pictures by clicking the picture below or read more at this post: Hand Painted Cribs.
You are not the those who should buy Hand Painted Cribs. Every home owner of furniture in need because of their residences. That is the explanation you will find a great deal of options in stores. It's important for one to make sure every one of the items you select accordingto your budget as well as your home. Traditional furniture can cost very costly.
Thus, you ought not disregard the chance of utilising the furniture. Ads in regional papers together with backyard income and cd outlets usually can have some furnishings that are great. You'll have the furniture if necessary reupholstered. You're able to conserve a lot of money by pursuing these suggestions.
Try to find Hand Painted Jungle Book Crib (charming Hand Painted Cribs #4) that is sturdy conventional in case you set them outdoors. Examine fittings and the weak welds. Ignore them if you discover a weld that appears perhaps perhaps weakened and uncover furniture that's stable. Each outdoor furniture you decide on should really not be unable to withstand nature's elements to be revealed for several years.
It may look differently when inside your home and when compared with samples though some may look great inside the shop. To prevent this from happening, it's easy to find swatches at your home improvement shop, or just have a photograph of your trial for assessment items.
Perhaps it's been a little while since you've visited with a thriftstore, or even one 've never be visited by you? You will actually eliminate, if so. Generally they've home furnishings items that are cheaper than home fixtures, but occasionally you're able to report some couch is great enough.
Make sure to get at the store should you decide to obtain a Hand Painted Cribs. Before they get goods many people don't think to verify the goods. Challenging to restore the furniture in certain furniture outlets. Bring samples of colors whenever you go shopping for classical and classic furnishings.