Police Block Off An Area Inside The Fifth & Mission Parking Garage And Direct People Outside ( Fifth And Mission Parking Garage Great Ideas #3) Images Album
Policepo•lice (pə lēs′),USA pronunciation n., v., -liced, -lic•ing.
- Also called police force. an organized civil force for maintaining order, preventing and detecting crime, and enforcing the laws.
- (used with a pl. v.) members of such a force: Several police are patrolling the neighborhood.
- the regulation and control of a community, esp. for the maintenance of public order, safety, health, morals, etc.
- the department of the government concerned with this, esp. with the maintenance of order.
- any body of people officially maintained or employed to keep order, enforce regulations, etc.
- people who seek to regulate a specified activity, practice, etc.: the language police.
- (in the U.S. Army)
- the cleaning and keeping clean of a camp, post, station, etc.
- the condition of a camp, post, station, etc., with reference to cleanliness.
- to regulate, control, or keep in order by or as if by means of police.
- to clean and keep clean (a camp, post, etc.)
Blockblock (blok),USA pronunciation n.
- a solid mass of wood, stone, etc., usually with one or more flat or approximately flat faces.
- a hollow masonry building unit of cement, terra cotta, etc.: a wall made of concrete blocks.
- one of a set of cube-shaped pieces of wood, plastic, or the like, used as a child's toy in building.
- a mold or piece on which something is shaped or kept in shape: a hat block.
- a piece of wood used in the art of making woodcuts or wood engravings.
- the base on which a plate is mounted to make it type-high.
- a projection left on a squared stone to provide a means of lifting it.
- a short length of plank serving as a bridging, as between joists.
- a stump or wooden structure on which a condemned person is beheaded: Mary Stuart went bravely to the block.
- See auction block.
- [Mach.]a part enclosing one or more freely rotating, grooved pulleys, about which ropes or chains pass to form a hoisting or hauling tackle.
- an obstacle, obstruction, or hindrance: His stubbornness is a block to all my efforts.
- the state or condition of being obstructed;
blockage: The traffic block lasted several hours.
- an obstruction, as of a nerve.
- See heart block.
- a hindering of an opponent's actions.
- a quantity, portion, or section taken as a unit or dealt with at one time: a large block of theater tickets.
- a small section of a city, town, etc., enclosed by neighboring and intersecting streets: She lives on my block.
- the length of one side of such a section: We walked two blocks over.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a large building divided into separate apartments, offices, shops, etc.
- a large number of bonds or shares of stock sold together as a single unit.
- a group of data stored as a unit on an external storage medium and handled as a unit by the computer for input or output: This file has 20 records per block.
- a section of storage locations in a computer allocated to a particular set of instructions or data.
- a group of consecutive machine words organized as a unit and guiding a particular computer operation, esp. with reference to input and output.
- (on a flow chart) a symbol representing an operation, device, or instruction in a computer program.
- any of the short lengths into which a track is divided for signaling purposes.
- [Philately.]a group of four or more unseparated stamps, not in a strip.
- a person's head.
- [Glassmaking.]a wooden or metal cup for blocking a gather.
- an obstruction or stoppage in mental processes or speech, esp. when related to stress, emotional conflict, etc.
- See writer's block.
- any large, angular mass of solid rock.
- See fault block.
- (in Canada) a wild or remote area of land that has not yet been surveyed: the Peace River block.
- See cylinder block.
- [Falconry.]a low perch to which a falcon is tethered outdoors.
- put or go on the block, to offer or be offered for sale at auction: to put family heirlooms on the block.
- to obstruct (someone or something) by placing obstacles in the way (sometimes fol. by up): to block one's exit; to block up a passage.
- to fit with blocks;
mount on a block.
- to shape or prepare on or with a block: to block a hat; to block a sweater.
- to join (the ends of boards or the like) by fastening to a block of wood.
- Also, block out. to plan or work out the movement of performers in a play, pageant, etc.: Tomorrow we'll block act one.
- to draw a floor plan on (a stage) in order to indicate placement of scenery, stage property, etc.
- to stop the passage of impulses in (a nerve).
- to group (contiguous data) together so as to allow to be read or written in a single operation.
- to hinder or bar the actions or movements of (an opposing player), esp. legitimately.
- to shape (a molten gather) in a wet cup of wood or metal.
- to plunge a block of wood into (molten glass) to aid in refining the glass.
- to give (a forging) a rough form before finishing.
- to apply a high negative bias to the grid of (a vacuum tube), for reducing the plate current to zero.
- to act so as to obstruct an opponent, as in football, hockey, and basketball: He doesn't get many baskets, but he sure can block.
- [Theat.]to block a play, act, scene, stage, etc.: The director will block tomorrow.
- to suffer a block.
- block out:
- block (def. 36a).
- [Basketball.]to box out.
- block in or out, to sketch or outline roughly or generally, without details: She blocked out a color scheme for the interiors.
Offoff (ôf, of ),USA pronunciation adv.
- so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
- away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
- away from a path, course, etc.;
aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
- so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
- away from what is considered normal, regular, standard, or the like: to go off on a tangent.
- from a charge or price: He took 10 percent off for all cash purchases.
- at a distance in space or future time: to back off a few feet; Summer is only a week off.
- out of operation or effective existence: Turn the lights off.
- into operation or action: The alarm goes off at noon.
- so as to interrupt continuity or cause discontinuance: Negotiations have been broken off.
- in absence from work, service, a job, etc.: two days off at Christmas.
utterly: to kill off all the inhabitants.
- with prompt or ready performance: to dash a letter off.
- to fulfillment, or into execution or effect: The contest came off on the appointed day.
- into nonexistence or nothingness: My headache passed off soon.
- so as to be delineated, divided, or apportioned: Mark it off into equal parts.
- away from a state of consciousness: I must have dozed off.
- away from the land, a ship, the wind, etc.
- get it off. See get (def. 45).
- get off on. See get (def. 49).
- off and on:
- Also, on and off. with intervals between;
intermittently: to work off and on.
- on alternate tacks.
- off with:
- take away;
remove: Off with those muddy boots before you step into this kitchen!
- cut off: Off with his head!
- so as no longer to be supported by, attached to, on, resting on, or unified with: Take your feet off the table! Break a piece of bread off the loaf.
- deviating from: off balance; off course.
- below or less than the usual or expected level or standard: 20 percent off the marked price; I was off my golf game.
- away, disengaged, or resting from: to be off duty on Tuesdays.
- [Informal.]refraining or abstaining from;
denying oneself the pleasure, company, practice, etc., of: He's off gambling.
- away from;
apart or distant from: a village off the main road.
- leading into or away from: an alley off 12th Street.
- not fixed on or directed toward, as the gaze, eyes, etc.: Their eyes weren't off the king for a moment.
- from (a specified source): I bought it off a street vendor.
- from or of, indicating material or component parts: to lunch off cheese and fruit.
- from or by such means or use of: living off an inheritance; living off his parents.
- at some distance to seaward of: off Cape Hatteras.
- off of, [Informal.]off: Take your feet off of the table!
- in error;
wrong: You are off on that point.
- slightly abnormal or not quite sane: He is a little off, but he's really harmless.
- not up to standard;
not so good or satisfactory as usual;
inferior or subnormal: a good play full of off moments.
- no longer in effect, in operation, or in process: The agreement is off.
- stopped from flowing, as by the closing of a valve: The electricity is off.
- in a specified state, circumstance, etc.: to be badly off for money.
- (of time) free from work or duty;
nonworking: a pastime for one's off hours.
- not working at one's usual occupation: We're off Wednesdays during the summer.
- of less than the ordinary activity, liveliness, or lively interest;
slack: an off season in the tourist trade.
doubtful: on the off chance that we'd find her at home.
- more distant;
farther: the off side of a wall.
- (of a vehicle, single animal, or pair of animals hitched side by side) of, being, or pertaining to the right as seen from the rider's or driver's viewpoint (opposed to near): the off horse; the off side.
- starting on one's way;
leaving: I'm off to Europe on Monday. They're off and running in the third race at Aqueduct.
- lower in price or value;
down: Stock prices were off this morning.
- noting one of two like things that is the farther from the shore;
seaward: the off side of the ship.
- [Cricket.]noting or pertaining to that side of the wicket or of the field opposite that on which the batsman stands.
- the state or fact of being off.
- [Cricket.]the off side.
- to go off or away;
leave (used imperatively): Off, and don't come back!
- to kill;
Anan1 (ən; when stressed an),USA pronunciation indefinite article.
- the form of a before an initial vowel sound (an arch;
an honor) and sometimes, esp. in British English, before an initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: an historian.
Areaar•e•a (âr′ē ə),USA pronunciation n.
- any particular extent of space or surface;
part: the dark areas in the painting; the dusty area of the room.
- a geographical region;
tract: the Chicago area; the unsettled areas along the frontier.
- any section reserved for a specific function: the business area of a town; the dining area of a house.
- extent, range, or scope: inquiries that embrace the whole area of science.
- field of study, or a branch of a field of study: Related areas of inquiry often reflect borrowed notions.
- a piece of unoccupied ground;
an open space.
- the space or site on which a building stands;
the yard attached to or surrounding a house.
- areaway (def. 1).
- the quantitative measure of a plane or curved surface;
- a zone of the cerebral cortex having a specific function: The damage to Broca's area affected his speech.
Insidein•side (prep. in′sīd′, in′sīd′;adv. in′sīd′;
adj. in′sīd′, in′-, in′sīd′),USA pronunciation prep.
- on the inner side or part of;
within: inside the circle; inside the envelope.
- prior to the elapse of;
within: He promised to arrive inside an hour.
- in or into the inner part: Please go inside.
- indoors: They play inside on rainy days.
- within one's heart, reason, etc.;
by true nature;
basically: I know inside that he's not guilty. Inside, she's really very shy.
- in prison.
- inside of, [Informal.]within the space or period of: Our car broke down again inside of a mile.
- the inner or internal part;
interior: the inside of the house.
- the inner side or surface: the inside of the hand; He pinned the money to the inside of his jacket.
- Usually, insides. the inner parts of the body, esp. the stomach and intestines: The coffee scalded my insides.
- a select or inner circle of power, prestige, etc.: a man on the inside.
- the shortest of several parallel, curving tracks or lanes;
the part of an oval track closest to the inner rail: The horse came up fast on the inside.
- the inward nature, mind, feelings, etc.
- confidential or secret information.
- an inside passenger or place in a coach, carriage, etc.
- inside out:
- with the inner side reversed to face the outside.
completely: She knew the work inside out.
- situated or being on or in the inside;
internal: an inside seat.
- acting, employed, done, or originating within a building or place: He used to work on the dock but now he has an inside job.
- derived from the inner circle of those concerned in and having private knowledge of a situation: inside information.
- [Baseball.](of a pitched ball) passing between home plate and the batter: The pitch was low and inside.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Fifthfifth (fifth or, often, fith),USA pronunciation adj.
- next after the fourth;
being the ordinal number for five.
- being one of five equal parts.
- of, pertaining to, or operating at the gear transmission ratio at which the drive shaft speed is greater than that of fourth gear for a given engine crankshaft speed: fifth gear.
- in the fifth place;
- a fifth part, esp. of one (&fracnumer;
- the fifth member of a series.
- a fifth part of a gallon of liquor or spirits;
of a quart (about 750 milliliters).
- fifth gear.
- a tone on the fifth degree from another tone (counted as the first).
- the interval between such tones.
- the harmonic combination of such tones.
- take the Fifth, [Informal.]to decline on the basis of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to answer a question when testifying.
Missionmis•sion (mish′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a group or committee of persons sent to a foreign country to conduct negotiations, establish relations, provide scientific and technical assistance, or the like.
- the business with which such a group is charged.
- a permanent diplomatic establishment abroad;
- an operational task, usually assigned by a higher headquarters: a mission to bomb the bridge.
- an operation designed to carry out the goals of a specific program: a space mission.
- a group of persons sent by a church to carry on religious work, esp. evangelization in foreign lands, and often to establish schools, hospitals, etc.
- an establishment of missionaries in a foreign land;
a missionary church or station.
- a similar establishment in any region.
- the district assigned to a missionary.
- missionary duty or work.
- an organization for carrying on missionary work.
- Also called rescue mission. a shelter operated by a church or other organization offering food, lodging, and other assistance to needy persons.
- missions, organized missionary work or activities in any country or region.
- a church or a region dependent on a larger church or denomination.
- a series of special religious services for increasing religious devotion and converting unbelievers: to preach a mission.
- an assigned or self-imposed duty or task;
- a sending or being sent for some duty or purpose.
- those sent.
- of or pertaining to a mission.
- (usually cap.) noting or pertaining to a style of American furniture of the early 20th century, created in supposed imitation of the furnishings of the Spanish missions of California and characterized by the use of dark, stained wood, by heaviness, and by extreme plainness. Also called foreign mission (for defs. 3, 6).
Parkingpark•ing (par′king),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of a person or thing that parks, esp. a vehicle.
- space in which to park vehicles, as at a place of business or a public event: There's plenty of free parking at the stadium.
- permission to park vehicles: Is there parking on this side of the street?
- the activity or occupation of a person who operates or works in a parking lot, garage, or the like.
- See parking strip.
- the act of kissing and caressing in a parked car: Some of the couples went parking on their way home from the dance.
- of, pertaining to, used for, or engaged in parking, esp. of vehicles: parking regulations; a parking space; a parking attendant.
Garagega•rage (gə räzh′, -räj′ or, esp. Brit., gar′ij, -äzh),USA pronunciation n., v., -raged, -rag•ing.
- a building or indoor area for parking or storing motor vehicles.
- a commercial establishment for repairing and servicing motor vehicles.
- to put or keep in a garage.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Directdi•rect (di rekt′, dī-),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to manage or guide by advice, helpful information, instruction, etc.: He directed the company through a difficult time.
- to regulate the course of;
control: History is directed by a small number of great men and women.
- to administer;
supervise: She directs the affairs of the estate.
- to give authoritative instructions to;
order or ordain: I directed him to leave the room.
- to serve as a director in the production or performance of (a musical work, play, motion picture, etc.).
- to guide, tell, or show (a person) the way to a place: I directed him to the post office.
- to point, aim, or send toward a place or object: to direct radio waves around the globe.
- to channel or focus toward a given result, object, or end (often fol. by to or toward): She directed all her energies toward the accomplishment of the work.
- to address (words, a speech, a written report, etc.) to a person or persons: The secretary directed his remarks to two of the committee members.
- to address (a letter, package, etc.) to an intended recipient.
- to act as a guide.
- to give commands or orders.
- to serve as the director of a play, film, orchestra, etc.
- proceeding in a straight line or by the shortest course;
not oblique: a direct route.
- proceeding in an unbroken line of descent;
lineal rather than collateral: a direct descendant.
- (of a proportion) containing terms of which an increase (or decrease) in one results in an increase (or decrease) in another: a term is said to be in direct proportion to another term if one increases (or decreases) as the other increases (or decreases).
- (of a function) the function itself, in contrast to its inverse. Cf. inverse (def. 2).
- without intervening persons, influences, factors, etc.;
personal: direct contact with the voters; direct exposure to a disease.
candid: the direct remarks of a forthright individual.
exact: the direct opposite.
- consisting exactly of the words originally used;
verbatim: direct quotation.
- of or by action of voters, which takes effect without any intervening agency such as representatives.
consequential: War will be a direct result of such political action.
- allocated for or arising from a particular known agency, process, job, etc.: The new machine was listed by the accountant as a direct cost.
- of or pertaining to direct current.
- moving in an orbit in the same direction as the earth in its revolution around the sun.
- appearing to move on the celestial sphere in the direction of the natural order of the signs of the zodiac, from west to east. Cf. retrograde (def. 4).
- (of a telescope) in its normal position;
not inverted or transited.
- (of dye colors) working without the use of a mordant;
- in a direct manner;
straight: Answer me direct.
Peoplepeo•ple (pē′pəl),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ples for 4, v., -pled, -pling.
- persons indefinitely or collectively;
persons in general: to find it easy to talk to people; What will people think?
- persons, whether men, women, or children, considered as numerable individuals forming a group: Twenty people volunteered to help.
- human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.
- the entire body of persons who constitute a community, tribe, nation, or other group by virtue of a common culture, history, religion, or the like: the people of Australia; the Jewish people.
- the persons of any particular group, company, or number (sometimes used in combination): the people of a parish; educated people; salespeople.
- the ordinary persons, as distinguished from those who have wealth, rank, influence, etc.: a man of the people.
- the subjects, followers, or subordinates of a ruler, leader, employer, etc.: the king and his people.
- the body of enfranchised citizens of a state: representatives chosen by the people.
- a person's family or relatives: My grandmother's people came from Iowa.
- (used in the possessive in Communist or left-wing countries to indicate that an institution operates under the control of or for the benefit of the people, esp. under Communist leadership): people's republic; people's army.
- animals of a specified kind: the monkey people of the forest.
- to furnish with people;
- to supply or stock as if with people: a meadow peopled with flowers.
Outsideout•side (n. out′sīd′, -sīd′;adj. out′sīd′, out′-;
prep. out′sīd′, out′sīd′),USA pronunciation n.
- the outer side, surface, or part;
exterior: The outside of the house needs painting.
- the external aspect or appearance.
- the space without or beyond an enclosure, institution, boundary, etc.: a prisoner about to resume life on the outside.
- a position away or farther away from the inside or center: The horse on the outside finished second.
- an outside passenger or place on a coach or other vehicle.
- [Northern Canada and Alaska.](sometimes cap.) the settled or more populous part of Canada or the U.S.
- at the outside, at the utmost limit;
at the maximum: There weren't more than ten at the outside.
- being, acting, done, or originating beyond an enclosure, boundary, etc.: outside noises; news from the outside world.
- situated on or pertaining to the outside;
external: an outside television antenna.
- situated away from the inside or center;
farther or farthest away from the inside or center: the outside lane.
- not belonging to or connected with a specified institution, society, etc.: outside influences; outside help.
- extremely unlikely or remote: an outside chance for recovery.
- extreme or maximum: an outside estimate.
- being in addition to one's regular work or duties: an outside job.
- working on or assigned to the outside, as of a place or organization: an outside man to care for the grounds.
- [Baseball.](of a pitched ball) passing, but not going over, home plate on the side opposite the batter: The fastball was high and outside.
- on or to the outside, exterior, or space without: Take the dog outside.
- in or to an area that is removed from or beyond a given place or region: The country's inhabitants seldom travel outside.
- on or toward the outside of: There was a noise outside the door.
- beyond the confines or borders of: visitors from outside the country.
- with the exception of;
aside from: She has no interests outside her work.
- outside of, other than;
excepting: Outside of us, no one else came to the party.
Hello peoples, this attachment is about Police Block Off An Area Inside The Fifth & Mission Parking Garage And Direct People Outside ( Fifth And Mission Parking Garage Great Ideas #3). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 993 x 657. It's file size is only 83 KB. If You ought to download This picture to Your laptop, you can Click here. You may also see more photos by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Fifth And Mission Parking Garage.
Evaluation of Large Notice Statue by Thickness room. The purpose remains a similar thing together with the level that is second: you to definitely be much more versatile in considering the sculpture. In cases like this, the space between your statue of the space, establish the utmost control statue that is large. For example, in the event the length between your statue using a patio only 3 yards away, an endeavor to ensure that at the most only 1 meter-high statue.
With carvings like the sculpture is definitely an element that can form the classic style outside and inside the step, Police Block Off An Area Inside The Fifth & Mission Parking Garage And Direct People Outside ( Fifth And Mission Parking Garage Great Ideas #3) is loaded, is not any exemption to yard. The positioning of sculpture in the park was originally a symbol and is usually simply made of jewel. But combined with advancement of contemporary statue, then the works of sculpture becomes progressively diverse, both the materials and the design utilized in line using the development of technology and technology including white cement, of new resources.
Modify how big is the keeping of the statue by Area. In this instance, a little sculpture might be positioned in involving the flowers or on the edge of the garden that was footpath. Meanwhile, sculptures that were greater might be put into the park's center or the place