Newnew (no̅o̅, nyo̅o̅),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n.
- of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.
- of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time;
novel: a new concept of the universe.
- having but lately or but now come into knowledge: a new chemical element.
- unfamiliar or strange (often fol. by to): ideas new to us; to visit new lands.
- having but lately come to a place, position, status, etc.: a reception for our new minister.
- unaccustomed (usually fol. by to): people new to such work.
- coming or occurring afresh;
additional: new gains.
- fresh or unused: to start a new sheet of paper.
- (of physical or moral qualities) different and better: The vacation made a new man of him.
- other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
- being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its latest known period, esp. as a living language at the present time: New High German.
- recently or lately (usually used in combination): The valley was green with new-planted crops.
anew or afresh (often used in combination): roses new washed with dew; new-mown hay.
- something that is new;
a new object, quality, condition, etc.: Ring out the old, ring in the new.
YorkYork (yôrk),USA pronunciation n.
- a member of the royal house of England that ruled from 1461 to 1485.
- 1st Duke of (Edmund of Langley), 1341–1402, progenitor of the house of York (son of Edward III).Alvin Cul•lum (kul′əm)USA pronunciation (Sergeant), 1887–1964, U.S. soldier.
- Yorkshire (def. 1).
- Ancient, Eboracum. a city in North Yorkshire, in NE England, on the Ouse: the capital of Roman Britain;
- a city in SE Pennsylvania: meeting of the Continental Congress 1777–78. 44,619.
- an estuary in E Virginia, flowing SE into Chesapeake Bay. 40 mi. (64 km) long.
- Cape, a cape at the NE extremity of Australia.
Timestimes (tīmz),USA pronunciation prep.
- multiplied by: Two times four is eight.
Traveltrav•el (trav′əl),USA pronunciation v., -eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling, n., adj.
- to go from one place to another, as by car, train, plane, or ship;
take a trip;
journey: to travel for pleasure.
- to move or go from one place or point to another.
- to proceed or advance in any way.
- to go from place to place as a representative of a business firm.
- to associate or consort: He travels in a wealthy crowd.
- [Informal.]to move with speed.
- to pass, or be transmitted, as light or sound.
- [Basketball.]walk (def. 9).
- to move in a fixed course, as a piece of mechanism.
- to travel, journey, or pass through or over, as a country or road.
- to journey or traverse (a specified distance): We traveled a hundred miles.
- to cause to journey;
ship: to travel logs downriver.
- the act of traveling;
journeying, esp. to distant places: to travel to other planets.
wanderings: to set out on one's travels.
- journeys as the subject of a written account or literary work: a book of travels.
- such an account or work.
- the coming and going of persons or conveyances along a way of passage;
traffic: an increase in travel on state roads.
- the complete movement of a moving part, esp. a reciprocating part, in one direction, or the distance traversed;
- length of stroke.
- movement or passage in general: to reduce the travel of food from kitchen to table.
trav ′el•a•ble, adj.
- used or designed for use while traveling: a travel alarm clock.
Sectionsec•tion (sek′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- a part that is cut off or separated.
- a distinct part or subdivision of anything, as an object, country, community, class, or the like: the poor section of town; the left section of a drawer.
- a distinct part or subdivision of a writing, as of a newspaper, legal code, chapter, etc.: the financial section of a daily paper; section 2 of the bylaws.
- one of a number of parts that can be fitted together to make a whole: sections of a fishing rod.
- (in most of the U.S. west of Ohio) one of the 36 numbered subdivisions, each one square mile (2.59 sq. km or 640 acres), of a township.
- an act or instance of cutting;
separation by cutting.
- the making of an incision.
- an incision.
- a thin slice of a tissue, mineral, or the like, as for microscopic examination.
- a representation of an object as it would appear if cut by a plane, showing its internal structure.
- a small unit consisting of two or more squads.
- Also called staff section. any of the subdivisions of a staff.
- a small tactical division in naval and air units.
- a division of a sleeping car containing both an upper and a lower berth.
- a length of trackage, roadbed, signal equipment, etc., maintained by one crew.
- any of two or more trains, buses, or the like, running on the same route and schedule at the same time, one right behind the other, and considered as one unit, as when a second is necessary to accommodate more passengers than the first can carry: On holidays the New York to Boston train runs in three sections.
- a segment of a naturally segmented fruit, as of an orange or grapefruit.
- a division of an orchestra or band containing all the instruments of one class: a rhythm section.
- [Bookbinding.]signature (def. 8).
- Also called section mark. a mark used to indicate a subdivision of a book, chapter, or the like, or as a mark of reference to a footnote.
- [Theat.]one of a series of circuits for controlling certain lights, as footlights.
- shape (def. 12).
- to cut or divide into sections.
- to cut through so as to present a section.
- to make an incision.
SundaySun•day (sun′dā, -dē),USA pronunciation n.
- the first day of the week, observed as the Sabbath by most Christian sects.
- a month of Sundays, an indeterminately great length of time: She hadn't taken a vacation in a month of Sundays.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Sunday.
- used, done, taking place, or being as indicated only on or as if on Sundays: a Sunday matinée.
Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Lookinglook (lŏŏk),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to turn one's eyes toward something or in some direction in order to see: He looked toward the western horizon and saw the returning planes.
- to glance or gaze in a manner specified: to look questioningly at a person.
- to use one's sight or vision in seeking, searching, examining, watching, etc.: to look through the papers.
- to tend, as in bearing or significance: Conditions look toward war.
- to appear or seem to the eye as specified: to look pale.
- to appear or seem to the mind: The case looks promising.
- to direct attention or consideration: to look at the facts.
- to have an outlook or afford a view: The window looks upon the street.
- to face or front: The house looks to the east.
- to give (someone) a look: He looked me straight in the eye.
- to have an appearance appropriate to or befitting (something): She looked her age.
- to appear to be;
look like: He looked a perfect fool, coming to the party a day late.
- to express or suggest by looks: to look one's annoyance at a person.
- [Archaic.]to bring, put, etc., by looks.
- look after:
- to follow with the eye, as someone or something moving away: She looked after him as he walked toward the train station.
- to pay attention to;
concern oneself with: to look after one's own interests.
- to take care of;
minister to: to look after a child.
- look back, to review past events;
return in thought: When I look back on our school days, it seems as if they were a century ago.
- look daggers, to look at someone with a furious, menacing expression: I could see my partner looking daggers at me.
- look down on or upon, to regard with scorn or disdain;
have contempt for: They look down on all foreigners.
- look down one's nose at, to regard with an overbearing attitude of superiority, disdain, or censure: The more advanced students really looked down their noses at the beginners.
- look for:
- to seek;
search for: Columbus was looking for a shorter route to India when he discovered America.
- to anticipate;
expect: I'll be looking for you at the reception.
- look forward to, to anticipate with eagerness or pleasure: I always look forward to your visits.
- look in:
- Also, look into. to look briefly inside of: Look in the jar and tell me if any cookies are left.
- Also, look in on. to visit (a person, place, etc.) briefly: I'll look in some day next week.
- look into, to inquire into;
examine: The auditors are looking into the records to find the cause of the discrepancy.
- look on or upon:
- to be a spectator;
watch: The crowd looked on at the street brawl.
- to consider;
regard: They look upon gambling as sinful.
- look out:
- to look to the outside, as from a window or a place of observation: From her office window, she could look out over the bustling city.
- to be vigilant or on guard: Look out, there are dangers ahead.
- to afford a view;
face: The room looks out on the garden.
- look out for, to take watchful care of;
be concerned about: He has to look out for his health.
- look over, to examine, esp. briefly: Will you please look over my report before I submit it?
- look sharp:
- to be alert and quick: If you want to get ahead, you must look sharp.
- Also, look slippy. to hurry: You'd better look sharp! It's getting late.
- look to:
- to direct one's glance or gaze to: If you look to your left, you can see the Empire State Building.
- to pay attention to: Look to your own affairs and stay out of mine.
- to direct one's expectations or hopes to: We look to the day when world peace will be a reality.
- to regard with expectation and anticipation: We look to the future and greater advances in science and technology.
- look up:
- to direct the eyes upward;
raise one's glance: The other guests looked up as she entered the room.
- to become better or more prosperous;
improve: Business is looking up.
- to search for, as an item of information, in a reference book or the like: Look up the answer in the encyclopedia.
- to seek out, esp. to visit: to look up an old friend.
- [Naut.](of a sailing ship) to head more nearly in the direction of its destination after a favoring change of wind.
- look up to, to regard with admiration or respect;
esteem: A boy needs a father he can look up to.
- the act of looking: a look of inquiry.
- a visual search or examination.
- the way in which a person or thing appears to the eye or to the mind;
aspect: He has the look of an honest man. The tablecloth has a cheap look.
- an expressive glance: to give someone a sharp look.
- general aspect;
appearance: to like the looks of a place.
- attractive, pleasing appearance.
Hello guys, this picture is about New York Times Travel Section Sunday Good Looking #3 Travel-Cover_thumb.jpg. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 484 x 882. This blog post's file size is just 66 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your PC, you may Click here. You could also download more photos by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: New York Times Travel Section Sunday.
The surfaces became a lag between your kitchen desk and units inside the kitchen named backsplash, has now become one of many significant elements while in the kitchen. Its profile not simply acts from splashes of acrylic or foodstuffs, but also capable of being pretty factors that boost the glance of your kitchen.
There are numerous finish materials for walls and tables. Unfortunately, not everything is appropriately employed for your kitchen. You need to be in choosing a suitable kitchen table and wallcoverings, picky. That is due to use of the New York Times Travel Section Sunday's high intensity. Aside from the home can be prone to water and spots. Before identifying the kitchen table right and wall-coverings, notice these.
Using high-intensity helping to make the likelihood of product that is broken to collide and become greater. Choose a content that could be improved such as solid surface and stone. If cracks or pockets don't need to change fully, due to the segment that was damaged can be patched. Contrary to the stainless product and showcases. When the product is ruined in many aspect just, must be enhanced overall.
Many pores allow microbes or mark live in and complicated to completely clean. Solid surface content remarkable within this New York Times Travel Section Sunday. However pebble and marble could be used through the treatment completed periodically. Wall and desk is with food which will get into our bodies indirect contact. Use coating components that not include chemicals which are harmful to your body.
Level content must not merely damage- immune but in addition resilient to high-humidity. It is because the films are often with sharp items for example water and blades in contact. You are able to select content that is synthetic or natural. For pure components you'll be able to select the type of rock that is as robust as pebble and stone. When it comes to existing unnatural solid-surface and ceramics.
HPL is not recommended for a stand plus wall coverings in the New York Times Travel Section Sunday Good Looking #3 Travel-Cover_thumb.jpg. HPL dynamics is not waterresistant and easyto peeloff the installation in the sides aren't neat. Choose a material that's an easy task to clean as ceramic and glass supplies. If using hardwood- bits that are formed, choose the tile pieces aren't too modest. Parts that are also little trigger the grout that is more and more. Note additionally that the length grout installation is not too large.