Ekurhuleni On Standby For Load Shedding ( Load Shedding Ekurhuleni #2)
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Loadload (lōd),USA pronunciation n.
- anything put in or on something for conveyance or transportation;
cargo: The truck carried a load of watermelons.
- the quantity that can be or usually is carried at one time, as in a cart.
- this quantity taken as a unit of measure or weight or a discrete quantity (usually used in combination): carload; wagonload.
- the quantity borne or sustained by something;
burden: a tree weighed down by its load of fruit.
- the weight supported by a structure or part.
- the amount of work assigned to or to be done by a person, team, department, machine, or mechanical system: a reasonable load of work.
- something that weighs down or oppresses like a burden;
onus: Supporting her younger brothers has been a heavy load for her.
- loads, [Informal.]a great quantity or number: loads of fun; loads of people.
- the charge for a firearm.
- a commission charged to buyers of mutual-fund shares.
- [Engin.]any of the forces that a structure is calculated to oppose, comprising any unmoving and unvarying force(dead load), any load from wind or earthquake, and any other moving or temporary force(live load).
- the power delivered by a generator, motor, power station, or transformer.
- a device that receives power.
- [Mech.]the external resistance overcome by an engine, dynamo, or the like, under given conditions, measured and expressed in terms of the power required.
- [Geol.]the burden of sediment being carried by a stream or river. Cf. bed load.
- [Slang.]a sufficient amount of liquor drunk to cause intoxication: He's got a load on tonight.
- get a load of, [Slang.]
- to look at;
- to listen to with interest: Did you get a load of what she said?
- to put a load on or in;
fill: to load a ship.
- to supply abundantly, lavishly, or excessively with something (often fol. by down): They loaded us down with gifts.
- to weigh down, burden, or oppress (often fol. by down, with, on, etc.): to feel loaded down with responsibilities; to load oneself with obligations.
- to insert a charge, projectile, etc., into (a firearm).
- to place (film, tape, etc.) into a camera or other device: He loaded the film into the camera.
- to place film, tape, etc., into (a camera or other device): How do you load this camera?
- to take on as a load: a ship loading coal.
- to add to the weight of, sometimes fraudulently: The silver candlesticks were loaded with lead.
- [Insurance.]to increase (the net premium) by adding charges, as for expenses.
- to add additional or prejudicial meaning to (a statement, question, etc.): The attorney kept loading his questions in the hope of getting the reply he wanted.
- to overcharge (a word, expression, etc.) with extraneous values of emotion, sentiment, or the like: emotion that loads any reference to home, flag, and mother.
- to weight (dice) so that they will always come to rest with particular faces upward.
- [Baseball.]to have or put runners at (first, second, and third bases): They loaded the bases with two out in the eighth inning.
- [Fine Arts.]
- to place a large amount of pigment on (a brush).
- to apply a thick layer of pigment to (a canvas).
- (of metal being deep-drawn) to become welded to (the drawing tool).
- (of material being ground) to fill the depressions in the surface of (a grinding wheel).
- (in powder metallurgy) to fill the cavity of (a die).
- to bring (a program or data) into main storage from external or auxiliary storage.
- to place (an input/output medium) into an appropriate device, as by inserting a disk into a disk drive.
- [Elect.]to add (a power-absorbing device) to an electric circuit.
- to put on or take on a load, as of passengers or goods: The bus usually loads at the side door.
- to load a firearm.
- to enter a carrier or conveyance (usually fol. by into): The students loaded quickly into the buses.
- to become filled or occupied: The ship loaded with people in only 15 minutes.
- load the dice, to put someone or something in a advantageous or disadvantageous position;
affect or influence the result: Lack of sufficient education loaded the dice against him as a candidate for the job.
- loads, [Informal.]very much;
a great deal: Thanks loads. It would help loads if you sent some money.
Sheddingshed1 (shed),USA pronunciation n.
- a slight or rude structure built for shelter, storage, etc.
- a large, strongly built structure, often open at the sides or end.
Howdy guys, this photo is about Ekurhuleni On Standby For Load Shedding ( Load Shedding Ekurhuleni #2). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 2222 x 1571. This attachment's file size is just 520 KB. If You desired to download It to Your computer, you can Click here. You could also download more attachments by clicking the following photo or read more at this article: Load Shedding Ekurhuleni.
Maybe this has been a while because you've visited a thrift store, or maybe you and one 've never visited with? You'll basically shed, if so. Often they've home furnishings items that are cheaper than home furnishings, but occasionally you'll be able to score some couch is fantastic enough.
Make sure to buy at the retailer, if you choose to obtain a Load Shedding Ekurhuleni. Before they obtain goods most of the people don't want to verify the goods. Challenging to displace the furniture in a few furniture outlets. Carry samples of colors if you shop for traditional and standard furnishings.
Although some might appear excellent while in the shop, it compared to trials and may look differently when inside your home. It's simple to find swatches at your home improvement retailer, or just have a photo of one's taste for assessment products to avoid this from happening.