Generalgen•er•al ( jen′ər əl),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to all persons or things belonging to a group or category: a general meeting of the employees.
- of, pertaining to, or true of such persons or things in the main, with possible exceptions;
common to most;
usual: the general mood of the people.
- not limited to one class, field, product, service, etc.;
miscellaneous: the general public; general science.
- considering or dealing with overall characteristics, universal aspects, or important elements, esp. without considering all details or specific aspects: general instructions; a general description; a general resemblance one to another.
- not specific or definite: I could give them only a general idea of what was going on.
- (of anesthesia or an anesthetic) causing loss of consciousness and abolishing sensitivity to pain throughout the body.
- having extended command or superior or chief rank: the secretary general of the United Nations; the attorney general.
- [U.S.]Army and Air Force. an officer ranking above a lieutenant general and below a general of the army or general of the air force.
- [U.S. Army.]an officer of any of the five highest ranks: a brigadier general, major general, lieutenant general, general, or general of the army.
- [U.S.]Marines. an officer holding the highest rank in the corps.
- (in numerous armies) an officer in the highest, second, or third highest rank, as one ranking immediately below a field marshal in the British army.
- [Eccles.]the chief official of a religious order.
- something that is general;
- [Archaic.]the general public.
- in general:
- with respect to the whole class referred to;
as a whole: He likes people in general.
- as a rule;
usually: In general, the bus is here by 9 a.m.
Plumbingplumb•ing (plum′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the system of pipes and other apparatus for conveying water, liquid wastes, etc., as in a building.
- the work or trade of a plumber.
- act of a person who plumbs, as in ascertaining depth.
Supplysup•ply1 (sə plī′),USA pronunciation v., -plied, -ply•ing, n., pl. -plies.
- to furnish or provide (a person, establishment, place, etc.) with what is lacking or requisite: to supply someone clothing; to supply a community with electricity.
- to furnish or provide (something wanting or requisite): to supply electricity to a community.
- to make up, compensate for, or satisfy (a deficiency, loss, need, etc.): The TVA supplied the need for cheap electricity.
- to fill or occupy as a substitute, as a vacancy, a pulpit, etc.: During the summer local clergymen will supply the pulpit.
- to fill the place of another, esp. the pulpit of a church, temporarily or as a substitute: Who will supply until the new minister arrives?
- the act of supplying, furnishing, providing, satisfying, etc.: to begin the supply of household help.
- something that is supplied: The storm cut off our water supply.
- a quantity of something on hand or available, as for use;
a stock or store: Did you see our new supply of shirts?
- Usually, supplies. a provision, stock, or store of food or other things necessary for maintenance: to lay in supplies for the winter.
- [Econ.]the quantity of a commodity that is in the market and available for purchase or that is available for purchase at a particular price.
- all items necessary for the equipment, maintenance, and operation of a military command, including food, clothing, arms, ammunition, fuel, materials, and machinery.
- procurement, distribution, maintenance, and salvage of supplies.
- a person who fills a vacancy or takes the place of another, esp. temporarily.
- supplies. [Obs.]reinforcements.
SonoraSo•no•ra (sə nôr′ə, -nōr′ə; Sp. sô nô′rä),USA pronunciation n.
- a state in NW Mexico. 1,414,000;
70,484 sq. mi. (182,555 sq. km). Cap.: Hermosillo.
Caca' (kä, kô),USA pronunciation v.t., v.i. [Scot.]
- to call, as to call an animal toward one;
urge forward by calling.
Callcall (kôl),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to cry out in a loud voice;
shout: He called her name to see if she was home.
- to command or request to come;
summon: to call a dog; to call a cab; to call a witness.
- to ask or invite to come: Will you call the family to dinner?
- to communicate or try to communicate with by telephone: Call me when you arrive.
- to rouse from sleep, as by a call;
waken: Call me at eight o'clock.
- to read over (a roll or a list) in a loud voice.
- to convoke or convene: to call Congress into session.
- to announce authoritatively;
proclaim: to call a halt.
- to order into effect;
establish: to call a strike.
- to schedule: to call a rehearsal.
- to summon by or as if by divine command: He felt called to the ministry.
- to summon to an office, duty, etc.: His country called him to the colors.
- to cause to come;
bring: to call to mind; to call into existence.
- to bring under consideration or discussion: The judge called the case to court.
- to attract or lure (birds or animals) by imitating characteristic sounds.
- to direct or attract (attention): He called his roommate's attention to the mess.
- to name or address (someone) as: His parents named him James, but the boys call him Jim.
- to designate as something specified: He called me a liar.
- to think of as something specified;
estimate: I call that a mean remark.
- to demand of (someone) that he or she fulfill a promise, furnish evidence for a statement, etc.: They called him on his story.
- to criticize adversely;
express disapproval of;
censure: She called him on his vulgar language.
- to demand payment or fulfillment of (a loan).
- to demand presentation of (bonds) for redemption.
- to forecast correctly: He has called the outcome of the last three elections.
- (of an official)
- to pronounce a judgment on (a shot, pitch, batter, etc.): The umpire called the pitch a strike.
- to put an end to (a contest) because of inclement weather, poor field conditions, etc.: A sudden downpour forced the umpire to call the game.
- [Pool.]to name (the ball) one intends to drive into a particular pocket.
- (in a computer program) to transfer control of to a procedure or subroutine.
- to demand (a card).
- to demand the display of a hand by (a player).
- [Poker.]to equal (a bet) or equal the bet made by (the preceding bettor) in a round.
- [Bridge.]to signal one's partner for a lead of (a certain card or suit).
- to speak loudly, as to attract attention;
cry: She called to the children.
- to make a short visit;
stop at a place on some errand or business: She called at the store for the package.
- to telephone or try to telephone a person: He promised to call at noon.
- to demand a card.
- to demand a showing of hands.
- [Poker.]to equal a bet.
- [Bridge.]to bid or pass.
- (of a bird or animal) to utter its characteristic cry.
- call away, to cause to leave or go;
summon: A death in the family called him away.
- call back:
- to summon or bring back;
recall: He called back the messenger. The actor was called back for a second audition.
- to revoke;
retract: to call back an accusation.
- call down:
- to request or pray for;
invoke: to call down the wrath of God.
- to reprimand;
scold: The boss called us down for lateness.
- call for:
- to go or come to get;
- to request;
- to require;
need: The occasion calls for a cool head.
- call forth, to summon into action;
bring into existence: to call forth her courage and resolve.
- call in:
- to call for payment;
- to withdraw from circulation: to call in gold certificates.
- to call upon for consultation;
ask for help: Two specialists were called in to assist in the operation.
- to inform or report by telephone: Did he call in his decision this morning?
- to participate in a radio or television program by telephone.
- call in or into question. See question (def. 12).
- call in sick. See sick 1 (def. 13).
- call off:
- to distract;
take away: Please call off your dog.
- to cancel (something) that had been planned for a certain date: The performance was called off because of rain.
- call on or upon:
- to ask;
appeal to: They called on him to represent them.
- to visit for a short time: to call on friends.
- call out:
- to speak in a loud voice;
- to summon into service or action: Call out the militia!
- to bring out;
elicit: The emergency called out her hidden abilities.
- to direct attention to with a callout: to call out each detail in an illustration.
- to challenge to a fight.
- call to order. See order (def. 38).
- call up:
- to bring forward for consideration or discussion.
- to cause to remember;
- to communicate or try to communicate with by telephone.
- to summon for action or service: A large number of Army reservists were called up.
- to summon (information) from a computer system for display on a video screen: She called up the full text.
- a cry or shout.
- the cry or vocal sound of a bird or other animal.
- an instrument for imitating this cry and attracting or luring an animal: He bought a duck call.
- an act or instance of telephoning: She went into a telephone booth to place her call.
- a short visit: to make a call on someone.
- a summons or signal sounded by a bugle, bell, etc.: We live so close to the fort that we can hear the bugle calls.
- a summons, invitation, or bidding: The students gathered at the call of the dean.
- a calling of a roll;
- the fascination or appeal of a given place, vocation, etc.: the call of the sea.
- a mystic experience of divine appointment to a vocation or service: He had a call to become a minister.
- a request or invitation to become pastor of a church, a professor in a university, etc.
- a need or occasion: He had no call to say such outrageous things.
- a demand or claim: to make a call on a person's time.
- a demand for payment of an obligation, esp. where payment is at the option of the creditor.
- a demand for a card or a showing of hands.
- [Poker.]an equaling of the preceding bet.
- [Bridge.]a bid or pass.
- a judgment or decision by an umpire, a referee, or other official of a contest, as on a shot, pitch, or batter: The referees were making one bad call after another.
- a notice of rehearsal posted by the stage manager.
- See act call.
- See curtain call.
- a figure or direction in square dancing, announced to the dancers by the caller.
- Also called call option. [Finance.]an option that gives the right to buy a fixed amount of a particular stock at a predetermined price within a given period of time, purchased by a person who believes the price will rise. Cf. put (def. 47).
- [Fox Hunting.]any of several cries, or sounds made on a horn by the hunter to encourage the hounds.
- on call:
- payable or subject to return without advance notice.
- readily available for summoning upon short notice.
- take a call, to acknowledge the applause of the audience after a performance by appearing for a bow or a curtain call.
- within call, within distance or range of being spoken to or summoned: Please stay within call.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Youryour (yŏŏr, yôr, yōr; unstressed yər),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.Cf. yours.
- one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
- (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Priceprice (prīs),USA pronunciation n., v., priced, pric•ing.
- the sum or amount of money or its equivalent for which anything is bought, sold, or offered for sale.
- a sum offered for the capture of a person alive or dead: The authorities put a price on his head.
- the sum of money, or other consideration, for which a person's support, consent, etc., may be obtained, esp. in cases involving sacrifice of integrity: They claimed that every politician has a price.
- that which must be given, done, or undergone in order to obtain a thing: He gained the victory, but at a heavy price.
- odds (def. 2).
- [Archaic.]value or worth.
- [Archaic.]great value or worth (usually prec. by of ).
- at any price, at any cost, no matter how great: Their orders were to capture the town at any price.
- beyond or without price, of incalculable value;
priceless: The crown jewels are beyond price.
- to fix the price of.
- to ask or determine the price of: We spent the day pricing furniture at various stores.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Hello folks, this image is about General Plumbing Supply Sonora Ca #7 Call For Your Price And Availability. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 920 x 921. It's file size is just 22 KB. Wether You decided to save This photo to Your PC, you may Click here. You might too download more attachments by clicking the following picture or see more at here: General Plumbing Supply Sonora Ca.
General Plumbing Supply Sonora Ca #7 Call For Your Price And Availability cannot be rejected if the wooden floor is now ever more popular, even has changed into a tendency in interior design's field. Sort and numerous kinds are significantly mushrooming available in the market. This requires one to uniquely select what sort of timber surfaces are of quality that is good. But sadly most of you are still in choosing a normal timber floor with the replica confused.
Evident from the following questions that typically occur from customers about the wooden flooring. From the previous guide we could discover wooden floors healthy for your household and before selecting to decide on a wooden floor, is highly recommended beforehand unfamiliar destination using floor.
Because a lot of timber floor goods available on the market are not all wood floor products are unique wooden floors. Below we identify three types of wood flooring products observed from the product as a thought while in the collection. Listed below are three recommendations on selecting a natural timber floors: General Plumbing Supply Sonora Ca #7 Call For Your Price And Availability including sheets of board of the particular size.