Bowbow1 (bou),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to bend the knee or body or incline the head, as in reverence, submission, salutation, recognition, or acknowledgment.
- to yield;
submit: to bow to the inevitable.
- to bend or curve downward;
stoop: the pines bowed low.
- to bend or incline (the knee, body, or head) in worship, submission, respect, civility, agreement, etc.: He bowed his head to the crowd.
- to cause to submit;
- to cause to stoop or incline: Age had bowed his head.
- to express by a bow: to bow one's thanks.
- to usher (someone) with a bow (usually fol. by in, out, etc.): They were bowed in by the footman.
- to cause to bend;
make curved or crooked.
- bow and scrape, to be excessively polite or deferential.
- bow out, to resign a position or withdraw from a job, competition, obligation, etc.: He bowed out after two terms as governor.
- an inclination of the head or body in salutation, assent, thanks, reverence, respect, submission, etc.
- make one's bow, to appear publicly for the first time, as a performer, politician, etc.: The young pianist made her bow last night to an appreciative audience.
- take a bow, to step forward or stand up in order to receive recognition, applause, etc.: The conductor had the soloists take a bow.
Curtaincur•tain (kûr′tn),USA pronunciation n.
- a hanging piece of fabric used to shut out the light from a window, adorn a room, increase privacy, etc.
- a movable or folding screen used for similar purposes.
- [Chiefly New Eng.]a window shade.
- a set of hanging drapery for concealing all or part of the stage or set from the view of the audience.
- the act or time of raising or opening a curtain at the start of a performance: an 8:30 curtain.
- the end of a scene or act indicated by the closing or falling of a curtain: first-act curtain.
- an effect, line, or plot solution at the conclusion of a performance: a strong curtain; weak curtain.
- music signaling the end of a radio or television performance.
- (used as a direction in a script of a play to indicate that a scene or act is concluded.)
- anything that shuts off, covers, or conceals: a curtain of artillery fire.
- a relatively flat or featureless extent of wall between two pavilions or the like.
- [Fort.]the part of a wall or rampart connecting two bastions, towers, or the like.
- curtains, the end;
death, esp. by violence: It looked like curtains for another mobster.
- draw the curtain on or over:
- to bring to a close: to draw the curtain on a long career of public service.
- to keep secret.
- lift the curtain on:
- to commence;
- to make known or public;
disclose: to lift the curtain on a new scientific discovery.
- to provide, shut off, conceal, or adorn with, or as if with, a curtain.
Tietie (tī),USA pronunciation v., tied, ty•ing, n.
- to bind, fasten, or attach with a cord, string, or the like, drawn together and knotted: to tie a tin can on a dog's tail.
- to draw together the parts of with a knotted string or the like: to tie a bundle tight.
- to fasten by tightening and knotting the string or strings of: to tie one's shoes.
- to draw or fasten together into a knot, as a cord: to tie one's shoelace.
- to form by looping and interlacing, as a knot or bow.
- to fasten, join, or connect in any way.
- [Angling.]to design and make (an artificial fly).
- to bind or join closely or firmly: Great affection tied them.
- to unite in marriage.
- to confine, restrict, or limit: The weather tied him to the house.
- to bind or oblige, as to do something.
- to make the same score as;
equal in a contest.
- to connect (notes) by a tie.
- to make a tie, bond, or connection.
- to make or be the same score;
be equal in a contest: The teams tied for first place in the league.
- tie down, to limit one's activities;
curtail: He finds that a desk job ties him down.
- tie in:
- to connect or be connected;
be consistent: His story ties in with the facts.
- to establish the position of (a point not part of a survey control).
- to make a tie-in, esp. in advertising or a sale: The paperback book is tied in with the movie of the same title.
- tie off, to tie a cord or suture around (a vein, blood vessel, or the like) so as to stop the flow within.
- tie one on, [Slang.]to get drunk: Charlie sure tied one on last night!
- tie the knot. See knot 1 (def. 13).
- tie up:
- to fasten securely by tying.
- to wrap;
- to hinder;
- to bring to a stop;
- to invest or place (money) in such a way as to render unavailable for other uses.
- to place (property) under such conditions or restrictions as to prevent sale or alienation.
- to moor a ship.
- to engage or occupy completely: I can't see you now, I'm all tied up.
- that with which anything is tied.
- a cord, string, or the like, used for tying, fastening, binding, or wrapping something.
- a necktie.
- a low shoe fastened with a lace.
- a knot, esp. an ornamental one;
- anything that fastens, secures, or unites.
- a bond or connection, as of affection, kinship, mutual interest, or between two or more people, groups, nations, or the like: family ties; the ties between Britain and the U.S.
- a state of equality in the result of a contest, as in points scored, votes obtained, etc., among competitors: The game ended in a tie.
- a match or contest in which this occurs.
- any of various structural members, as beams or rods, for keeping two objects, as rafters or the haunches of an arch, from spreading or separating.
- a curved line connecting two notes on the same line or space to indicate that the sound is to be sustained for their joint value, not repeated.
- Also called,[esp. Brit.,] sleeper. any of a number of closely spaced transverse beams, usually of wood, for holding the rails forming a track at the proper distance from each other and for transmitting train loads to the ballast and roadbed.
- bride2 (def. 1).
- [Survey.]a measurement made to determine the position of a survey station with respect to a reference mark or other isolated point.
Backback1 (bak),USA pronunciation n.
- the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back.
- the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head.
- the whole body, with reference to clothing: the clothes on his back.
- ability for labor;
endurance: He put his back into the task.
- the part opposite to or farthest from the front;
the rear part: the back of a hall.
- the part that forms the rear of any object or structure: the back of a chair.
- the part that covers the back: the back of a jacket.
- the spine or backbone: The fall broke his back.
- any rear part of an object serving to support, protect, etc.: the back of a binder.
- the forward side of a propeller blade (opposed to face).
- [Aeron.]the top part or upper surface of an aircraft, esp. of its fuselage.
- [Bookbinding.]the edge of a book formed where its sections are bound together.
- the backs, grounds along the River Cam in back of certain colleges at Cambridge University in England: noted for their great beauty.
- the upper side of a joist, rafter, handrail, etc.
- the area of interior wall between a window stool and the floor.
- the roof of a stope or drift.
- a player whose regular position is behind that of players who make initial contact with the opposing team, as behind the forward line in football or nearest the player's own goal in polo.
- the position occupied by this player.
- be flat on one's back:
- to be helpless or beaten: He's flat on his back after a long succession of failures.
- to be confined to one's bed because of illness.
- behind one's back, in one's absence;
without one's knowledge;
secretly: I'd rather talk to him about it directly than discuss it behind his back.
- break someone's back, to cause a person to fail, esp. to cause to become bankrupt: His family's extravagance is breaking his back.
- break the back of:
- to complete the principal or hardest part of (a project, one's work, etc.): He finally broke the back of the problem.
- to overcome;
defeat: They broke the back of our union.
- get off one's back, [Informal.]to cease to find fault with or to disturb someone: The fight started when they wouldn't get off my back.
- get one's back up, to become annoyed;
take offense: She gets her back up whenever someone mentions her family's influence.
- have one's back to the wall, to be in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- in back of, behind: He hid in back of the billboard. What could be in back of his strange behavior?Also, back of.
- on one's back, finding fault with or disturbing someone: The boss is always on my back about promptness.
- pat on the back. See pat 1 (defs. 6, 10).
- stab in the back. See stab (def. 13).
- turn one's back on:
- to forsake or neglect: He was unable to turn his back on any suffering creature.
- to leave behind, as in anger.
- to support, as with authority, influence, help, or money (often fol. by up): to back a candidate; to back up a theory with facts.
- to bet on: to back a horse in the race.
- to cause to move backward (often fol. by up): to back a car.
- to furnish with a back: to back a book.
- to lie at the back of;
form a back or background for: a beach backed by hills.
- to provide with an accompaniment: a singer backed by piano and bass.
- to get upon the back of;
- to write or print on the back of;
- [Carpentry.]to attach strips of wood to the upper edge of (a joist or rafter) to bring it to a desired level.
- to alter the position of (a sail) so that the wind will strike the forward face.
- to brace (yards) in backing a sail.
- to reinforce the hold of (an anchor) by means of a smaller one attached to it and dropped farther away.
- to go or move backward (often fol. by up).
- (of wind) to change direction counterclockwise (opposed to veer).
- back and fill:
- [Naut.]to trim the sails of a boat so that the wind strikes them first on the forward and then on the after side.
- to change one's opinion or position;
- back and forth, [South Midland U.S.]
- to go back and forth, as in running errands or visiting: He spent the day backing and forthing to the post office.
- to work in an aimless or ineffective way;
expend effort with little result.
- back away, to retreat;
withdraw: They gradually began to back away from their earlier opinion.
- back down, to abandon an argument, opinion, or claim;
retreat: He backed down as soon as a member of the audience challenged his assertion.
- back off:
- to back down: Now that the time for action had arrived, it was too late to back off.
- to reverse (the spindle) in mule spinning prior to winding on the newly spun length of yarn.
- back out or out of, to fail to keep an engagement or promise;
abandon: Two entrants have backed out of competing in the marathon. You can't back out now.
- back up:
- to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.
- [Printing.]to print a sheet again on its other side.
- [Printing.]to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.
- to move backward: Back up into the garage.
- to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.
- to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.
- to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.
- back up for, [Australian Informal.]to return for more of, as another helping of food.
- back water:
- [Naut.]to reverse the direction of a vessel.
- to retreat from a position;
withdraw an opinion: I predict that the council will back water on the tax issue.
- situated at or in the rear: at the back door; back fence.
- far away or removed from the front or main area, position, or rank;
remote: back settlements.
- belonging to the past: back files; back issues.
- in arrears;
overdue: back pay.
- coming or going back;
moving backward: back current.
- [Navig.]reciprocal (def. 7).
- (of a speech sound) produced with the tongue articulating in the back part of the mouth, as in either of the sounds of go.
Hi guys, this post is about Bow Curtain Tie Back ( Metal Tie Backs For Drapes Design #5). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 2006 x 2568. This blog post's file size is only 410 KB. If You want to download This post to Your computer, you may Click here. You might too download more images by clicking the photo below or read more at this article: Metal Tie Backs For Drapes.
Are you still within the feeling to cook while in the home were dirty? Should be tricky? Cooking is definitely an exercise that requires sensations. Metal Tie Backs For Drapes could be calculated if your dinners may also be severe, if you're experiencing unpleasant because of this of the setting of your kitchen. Retaining your kitchen to retain it clear and tidy is not an issue that is easy.
Make Cabinets For Hardware. Create a holder which will keep things that are comparable so that you are easy to sort them. When they require back, deposition of similar things in a single place will simplify and accomplish the search.
Especially if your home equipment is already so much and overcrowding. Herbs and and undoubtedly the meals elements are dispersed. You could be missing the cooking feeling should you choose not set an excellent Bow Curtain Tie Back ( Metal Tie Backs For Drapes Design #5) process. You are able to taste the food is not as expected, even if compelled. You will need a method in an efficient home. Cooking utensils, food substances and herbs not just to become stored perfectly and solidly but in addition within reach that is easy. How to? Let's search together.