- a room in a home used, esp. by a family, for leisure activities, entertaining guests, etc.;
Couchescouch (kouch or, for 6, 15, ko̅o̅ch),USA pronunciation n.
- a piece of furniture for seating from two to four people, typically in the form of a bench with a back, sometimes having an armrest at one or each end, and partly or wholly upholstered and often fitted with springs, tailored cushions, skirts, etc.;
- a similar article of furniture, with a headrest at one end, on which some patients of psychiatrists or psychoanalysts lie while undergoing treatment.
- a bed or other place of rest;
any place used for repose.
- the lair of a wild beast.
- [Brewing.]the frame on which barley is spread to be malted.
- [Papermaking.]the board or felt blanket on which wet pulp is laid for drying into paper sheets.
- a primer coat or layer, as of paint.
- on the couch, [Informal.]undergoing psychiatric or psychoanalytic treatment.
- to arrange or frame (words, a sentence, etc.);
put into words;
express: a simple request couched in respectful language.
- to express indirectly or obscurely: the threat couched under his polite speech.
- to lower or bend down, as the head.
- to lower (a spear, lance, etc.) to a horizontal position, as for attack.
- to put or lay down, as for rest or sleep;
cause to lie down.
- to lay or spread flat.
- [Papermaking.]to transfer (a sheet of pulp) from the wire to the couch.
- to embroider by couching.
- [Archaic.]to hide;
- to lie at rest or asleep;
- to crouch;
- to lie in ambush or in hiding;
- to lie in a heap for decomposition or fermentation, as leaves.
Ideai•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
Havehave (hav;[unstressed]həv, əv* [for 26 usually]haf ),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. have, 2nd have or ([Archaic]) hast, 3rd has or ([Archaic]) hath, pres. pl. have* past sing. 1st pers. had, 2nd had or ([Archaic]) ) hadst or had•dest, 3rd had, past pl. had;
past part. had;
pres. part. hav•ing, n.
- to possess;
hold for use;
contain: He has property. The work has an index.
- to hold, possess, or accept in some relation, as of kindred or relative position: He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't have him.
- to get, receive, or take: to have a part in a play; to have news.
- to experience, undergo, or endure, as joy or pain: Have a good time. He had a heart attack last year.
- to hold in mind, sight, etc.: to have doubts.
- to cause to, as by command or invitation: Have him come here at five.
- to be related to or be in a certain relation to: She has three cousins. He has a kind boss.
- to show or exhibit in action or words: She had the crust to refuse my invitation.
- to be identified or distinguished by;
possess the characteristic of: He has a mole on his left cheek. This wood has a silky texture.
- to engage in or carry on: to have a talk; to have a fight.
- to partake of;
eat or drink: He had cake and coffee for dessert.
- to permit or allow: I will not have any talking during the concert.
- to assert, maintain, or represent as being: Rumor has it that she's going to be married.
- to know, understand, or be skilled in: to have neither Latin nor Greek.
- to beget or give birth to: to have a baby.
- to hold an advantage over: He has you there.
- to outwit, deceive, or cheat: We realized we'd been had by an expert con artist.
- to control or possess through bribery;
- to gain possession of: There is none to be had at that price.
- to hold or put in a certain position or situation: The problem had me stumped. They had him where they wanted him.
- to exercise, display, or make use of: Have pity on him.
- to invite or cause to be present as a companion or guest: We had Evelyn and Everett over for dinner. He has his bodyguard with him at all times.
- to engage in sexual intercourse with.
- to be in possession of money or wealth: There are some who have and some who have not.
- (used with a past participle to form perfect tenses): She has gone. It would have been an enjoyable party if he hadn't felt downcast.
- to be required, compelled, or under obligation (fol. by infinitival to, with or without a main verb): I have to leave now. I didn't want to study, but I had to.
- had better or best, ought to: You'd better go now, it's late.
- had rather. See rather (def. 8).
- have at, to go at vigorously;
attack: First he decided to have at his correspondence.
- have done, to cease;
finish: It seemed that they would never have done with their struggle.
- have had it:
- to become weary of or disgusted with whatever one has been doing: I've been working like a fool, but now I've had it.
- to suffer defeat;
fail: He was a great pitcher, but after this season he'll have had it.
- to have missed a last opportunity: He refused to take any more excuses and told them all that they'd had it.
- to become unpopular or passé: Quiz shows have had it.
- have it coming, to merit or deserve: When they lost their fortune, everyone said that they had it coming.
- have it in for, to plan or wish to do something unpleasant to;
hold a grudge against: She has it in for intelligent students who fail to use their abilities.
- have it out, to come to an understanding or decision through discussion or combat: We've been in disagreement about this for a long time, and I think we should have it out, once and for all.
- have on:
- to be clothed in;
be wearing: She had on a new dress.
- to have arranged or planned: What do you have on for Christmas?
- to tease (a person);
make the butt of a joke. Cf. put (def. 34).
- have to do with:
- to be connected or associated with: Your lack of confidence probably had a lot to do with your not getting the job.
- to deal with;
be concerned with: I will have nothing to do with their personal squabbles.
- to have and to hold, to possess legally;
have permanent possession of: The house, with the mortgage finally paid, was at last their own to have and to hold.
- Usually, haves. an individual or group that has wealth, social position, or other material benefits (contrasted with have-not).
Seatseat (sēt),USA pronunciation n.
- something designed to support a person in a sitting position, as a chair, bench, or pew;
a place on or in which one sits.
- the part of a chair, sofa, or the like, on which one sits.
- the part of the body on which one sits;
- the part of the garment covering it: the seat of one's pants.
- a manner of or posture used in sitting, as on a horse.
- something on which the base of an object rests.
- the base itself.
- a place in which something belongs, occurs, or is established;
- a place in which administrative power or the like is centered: the seat of the government.
- a part of the body considered as the place in which an emotion or function is centered: The heart is the seat of passion.
- the office or authority of a king, bishop, etc.: the episcopal seat.
- a space in which a spectator or patron may sit;
accommodation for sitting, as in a theater or stadium.
- right of admittance to such a space, esp. as indicated by a ticket.
- a right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body: to hold a seat in the senate.
- a right to the privileges of membership in a stock exchange or the like.
- by the seat of one's pants, using experience, instinct, or guesswork.
- to place on a seat or seats;
cause to sit down.
- to usher to a seat or find a seat for: to be seated in the front row.
- to have seats for;
accommodate with seats: a theater that seats 1200 people.
- to put a seat on or into (a chair, garment, etc.).
- to install in a position or office of authority, in a legislative body, etc.
- to fit (a valve) with a seat.
- to attach to or place firmly in or on something as a base: Seat the telescope on the tripod.
- (of a cap, valve, etc.) to be closed or in proper position: Be sure that the cap of the dipstick seats.
Hi , this image is about Superior Livingroom Couches Idea #4 Have A Seat. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1022 x 524. It's file size is just 135 KB. Wether You ought to save This picture to Your computer, you might Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Livingroom Couches.
But gray is really a basic shade that seems yet easy-to fit with hues that are different more comparison. So that the selected color Superior Livingroom Couches Idea #4 Have A Seat would work for those who wish to utilize basic shades like white, but less. To get the combination right coloring coloring, you must contemplate these tips and considerations in picking color mixtures. Choose a shade to paint the surfaces a brilliant shade combinations of grey.
The shiny hues are recommended here is not-so impressive brilliant colour, since Superior Livingroom Couches Idea #4 Have A Seat with stunning colors' color combination can really produce the perception unattractive. Pick shades which might be soft or gentle although brilliant. For example, light red, turf green, blue, yet others. However you should choose the appropriate blend, although the combination with additional shades which are brighter nor restricted.