Chainchain (chān),USA pronunciation n.
- a series of objects connected one after the other, usually in the form of a series of metal rings passing through one another, used either for various purposes requiring a flexible tie with high tensile strength, as for hauling, supporting, or confining, or in various ornamental and decorative forms.
- Often, chains. something that binds or restrains;
bond: the chain of timidity; the chains of loyalty.
- shackles or fetters: to place a prisoner in chains.
servitude: to live one's life in chains.
- [Naut.](in a sailing vessel) the area outboard at the foot of the shrouds of a mast: the customary position of the leadsman in taking soundings.
- See tire chain.
- a series of things connected or following in succession: a chain of events.
- a range of mountains.
- a number of similar establishments, as banks, theaters, or hotels, under one ownership or management.
- two or more atoms of the same element, usually carbon, attached as in a chain. Cf. ring1 (def. 17).
- [Survey., Civ. Engin.]
- a distance-measuring device consisting of a chain of 100 links of equal length, having a total length either of 66 ft. (20 m)(Gunter's chain or surveyor's chain) or of 100 ft. (30 m)(engineer's chain).
- a unit of length equal to either of these.
- a graduated steel tape used for distance measurements. Abbr.: ch
- See totally ordered set.
- [Football.]a chain 10 yd. (9 m) in length for determining whether a first down has been earned.
- drag the chain, [Australian Slang.]to lag behind or shirk one's fair share of work.
- in the chains, standing outboard on the channels or in some similar place to heave the lead to take soundings.
- to fasten or secure with a chain: to chain a dog to a post.
- to confine or restrain: His work chained him to his desk.
- to measure (a distance on the ground) with a chain or tape.
- to link (related items, as records in a file or portions of a program) together, esp. so that items can be run in sequence.
- to make (a chain stitch or series of chain stitches), as in crocheting.
- to form or make a chain.
Linklink1 (lingk),USA pronunciation n.
- one of the rings or separate pieces of which a chain is composed.
- anything serving to connect one part or thing with another;
a bond or tie: The locket was a link with the past.
- a unit in a communications system, as a radio relay station or a television booster station.
- any of a series of sausages in a chain.
- a cuff link.
- a ring, loop, or the like: a link of hair.
- an object, as text or graphics, linked through hypertext to a document, another object, etc.
- [Survey., Civ. Engin.]
- (in a surveyor's chain) a unit of length equal to 7.92 inches (20.12 centimeters).
- one of 100 rods or loops of equal length forming a surveyor's or engineer's chain.
- bond1 (def. 15).
- [Mach.]a rigid, movable piece or rod, connected with other parts by means of pivots or the like, for the purpose of transmitting motion.
- to join by or as if by a link or links;
unite (often fol. by up): The new bridge will link the island to the mainland. The company will soon link up with a hotel chain.
Quiltquilt (kwilt),USA pronunciation n.
- a coverlet for a bed, made of two layers of fabric with some soft substance, as wool or down, between them and stitched in patterns or tufted through all thicknesses in order to prevent the filling from shifting.
- anything quilted or resembling a quilt.
- a bedspread or counterpane, esp. a thick one.
- [Obs.]a mattress.
- to stitch together (two pieces of cloth and a soft interlining), usually in an ornamental pattern.
- to sew up between pieces of material.
- to pad or line with material.
- to make quilts or quilted work.
Patternpat•tern (pat′ərn; Brit. pat′n),USA pronunciation n.
- a decorative design, as for wallpaper, china, or textile fabrics, etc.
- decoration or ornament having such a design.
- a natural or chance marking, configuration, or design: patterns of frost on the window.
- a distinctive style, model, or form: a new pattern of army helmet.
- a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc., forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement: the behavior patterns of teenagers.
- an original or model considered for or deserving of imitation: Our constitution has been a pattern for those of many new republics.
- anything fashioned or designed to serve as a model or guide for something to be made: a paper pattern for a dress.
- a sufficient quantity of material for making a garment.
- the path of flight established for an aircraft approaching an airport at which it is to land.
- a diagram of lines transmitted occasionally by a television station to aid in adjusting receiving sets;
- Metall. a model or form, usually of wood or metal, used for giving the shape of the interior of a mold.
- Numis. a coin, either the redesign of an existing piece or the model for a new one, submitted for authorization as a regular issue.
- an example, instance, sample, or specimen.
- [Gunnery, Aerial Bombing.]
- the distribution of strikes around a target at which artillery rounds have been fired or on which bombs have been dropped.
- a diagram showing such distribution.
- to make or fashion after or according to a pattern.
- to cover or mark with a pattern.
- Chiefly Brit. Dial.
- to imitate.
- to attempt to match or duplicate.
- to make or fall into a pattern.
Hello there, this attachment is about Chain Link Quilt Pattern ( Chain Link Quilt Pattern #6). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 559 x 864. It's file size is just 128 KB. If You decided to save It to Your computer, you should Click here. You might too see more attachments by clicking the photo below or read more at this post: Chain Link Quilt Pattern.
The surfaces cabinets within the kitchen and became a lag between your kitchen desk termed backsplash, has now become one of the important components while in the kitchen. Its presence not only provides from splashes of foodstuffs or oil as a protective wall, but also capable of being ornamental factors that enhance the glance of your kitchen.
There are numerous coating materials for surfaces and tables. Unfortunately, not everything is correctly used for your kitchen. You must be in choosing wall-coverings along with a right dining room table discerning. This can be due to the high intensity of use of the Chain Link Quilt Pattern ( Chain Link Quilt Pattern #6). Form kitchen can be vunerable to water and stains. Before identifying wall-coverings and also the dining room table right note these.
Layer content must not merely scratch- tolerant but additionally resilient to high humidity. Because the films are often in contact with sharp items for example knives this is. You're able to choose substance that is pure or artificial. For resources that are organic you're able to pick the form of rock that's as solid as marble and granite. As for ceramics and the present synthetic solid surface.