Touchtouch (tuch),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to put the hand, finger, etc., on or into contact with (something) to feel it: He touched the iron cautiously.
- to come into contact with and perceive (something), as the hand or the like does.
- to bring (the hand, finger, etc., or something held) into contact with something: She touched a match to the papers.
- to give a slight tap or pat to with the hand, finger, etc.;
strike or hit gently or lightly.
- to come into or be in contact with.
- [Geom.](of a line or surface) to be tangent to.
- to be adjacent to or border on.
- to come up to;
- to attain equality with;
compare with (usually used with a negative): a style that cannot touch that of Shakespeare.
- to mark by strokes of the brush, pencil, or the like.
- to mark or relieve slightly, as with color: a gray dress touched with blue.
- to stop at (a place), as a ship: The ship touched shore several times during the cruise.
- to treat or affect in some way by contact.
- to affect as if by contact;
- to affect with some feeling or emotion, esp. tenderness, pity, gratitude, etc.: Their sufferings touched his heart.
- to handle, use, or have to do with in any way (usually used with a negative): She can't touch the money until she's 21.
- to eat or drink;
taste (usually used with a negative): He won't touch another drink.
- to lay hands on, often in a violent manner: Don't you touch this child!
- to deal with or treat in speech or writing.
- to refer or allude to.
- to pertain or relate to: a critic in all matters touching the kitchen.
- to be a matter of importance to;
make a difference to;
affect: This grave decision touches all of us.
- [Metall.]to stamp (metal) as being of standard purity.
- [Slang.]to apply to for money, or succeed in getting money from: He touched me for five dollars.
- [Slang.]to steal from.
- to strike the strings, keys, etc., of (a musical instrument) so as to cause it to sound.
- to play or perform (an air, notes, etc.) on a musical instrument.
- to place the hand, finger, etc., on or in contact with something.
- to come into or be in contact.
- to make a stop or a short call at a place, as a ship or those on board (usually fol. by at).
- touch base with. See base1 (def. 29).
- touch down, (of an airplane) to come into contact with the ground;
- touch off:
- to represent or characterize precisely.
- to cause to ignite or explode.
- to give rise to;
initiate: This incident will touch off another crisis.
- touch on or upon:
- to mention a subject briefly or casually;
treat of in passing: In his lecture he touched on the major aspects of the controversy.
- to come close to;
- to relate or pertain to.
- touch up:
- to make minor changes or improvements in the appearance of.
- to modify or improve (a painting, photograph, etc.) by adding small strokes or making slight changes.
- to rouse by or as if by striking: This should touch up your memory.
touch ′a•ble, adj.
- the act or state of touching;
state or fact of being touched.
- that sense by which anything material is perceived by means of physical contact.
- the quality of something touched that imparts a sensation: an object with a slimy touch.
- a coming into or being in contact.
- mental or moral perception, sensitivity, or understanding: He has a marvelous touch in dealing with people.
- ability, skill, or dexterity;
knack: to lose one's touch.
- [Fencing.]the contact of the point of a foil or épée or the point or edge of the blade of a saber with a specified portion of the opponent's body, counting one point for the scorer.
- close communication, agreement, sympathy, or the like: to be out of touch with reality; Let's keep in touch.
- a slight stroke or blow.
- a slight attack, as of illness or disease: a touch of rheumatism.
- a slight added action or effort in doing or completing any piece of work: to provide the finishing touches.
- manner of execution in artistic work.
- the act or manner of touching or fingering a keyboard instrument.
- the mode of action of the keys of an instrument, as of a piano or typewriter.
- [Change Ringing.]a partial series of changes on a peal of bells.
- a stroke or dash, as with a brush, pencil, or pen.
- a detail in any artistic work.
- a slight amount of some quality, attribute, etc.: a touch of sarcasm in his voice.
- a slight quantity or degree: a touch of salt.
- a distinguishing characteristic or trait: the touch of the master.
- quality or kind in general.
- an act of testing something.
- something that serves as a test;
- the act of approaching someone for money as a gift or a loan.
- the obtaining of money in this manner.
- the money obtained.
- a person considered from the standpoint of the relative ease with which he or she will lend money: I can always hit him for ten—he's an easy touch.
- an official mark put upon precious metal after testing to indicate its purity.
- a die, stamp, or the like for impressing such a mark.
- an identifying mark impressed on pewter by its maker.
- [Soccer.]the area outside the touchlines.
- [Rugby.]either of the touchlines or the area outside of the touchlines.
- put the touch on, [Informal.]to try to borrow money from: Willie put the touch on me for another ten last night.
touch ′a•ble•ness, touch′a•bil′i•ty, n.
touch ′er, n.
touch ′less, adj.
Ruggedrug•ged (rug′id),USA pronunciation adj.
- having a roughly broken, rocky, hilly, or jagged surface: rugged ground.
- (of a face) wrinkled or furrowed, as by experience or the endurance of hardship.
- roughly irregular, heavy, or hard in outline or form;
craggy: Lincoln's rugged features.
- rough, harsh, or stern, as persons or nature.
- full of hardship and trouble;
trying: a rugged life.
stormy: rugged weather.
- harsh to the ear: rugged sounds.
- rude, uncultivated, or unrefined.
- homely or plain: rugged fare.
- capable of enduring hardship, wear, etc.;
strong and tough: rugged floor covering; a rugged lumberjack.
Casecase1 (kās),USA pronunciation n.
- an instance of the occurrence, existence, etc., of something: Sailing in such a storm was a case of poor judgment.
- the actual state of things: That is not the case.
- a question or problem of moral conduct;
matter: a case of conscience.
plight: Mine is a sad case.
- a person or thing whose plight or situation calls for attention: This family is a hardship case.
- a specific occurrence or matter requiring discussion, decision, or investigation, as by officials or law-enforcement authorities: The police studied the case of the missing jewels.
- a stated argument used to support a viewpoint: He presented a strong case against the proposed law.
- an instance of disease, injury, etc., requiring medical or surgical attention or treatment;
individual affliction: She had a severe case of chicken pox.
- a medical or surgical patient.
- a suit or action at law;
- a set of facts giving rise to a legal claim, or to a defense to a legal claim.
- a category in the inflection of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives, noting the syntactic relation of these words to other words in the sentence, indicated by the form or the position of the words.
- a set of such categories in a particular language.
- the meaning of or the meaning typical of such a category.
- such categories or their meanings collectively.
- a peculiar or unusual person: He's a case.
- get off someone's case, [Slang.]to stop bothering or criticizing someone or interfering in someone's affairs: I've had enough of your advice, so just get off my case.
- get or be on someone's case, to bother or nag someone;
meddle in someone's affairs: Her brother is always on her case about getting married. Why do you keep getting on my case?
- have a case on, to be infatuated with: He had a case on the girl next door.
- in any case, regardless of circumstances;
be that as it may;
anyhow: In any case, there won't be any necessity for you to come along.
- in case, if it should happen that;
if: In case I am late, don't wait to start dinner.
- in case of, in the event of;
if there should be: In case of an error in judgment, the group leader will be held responsible.
- in no case, under no condition;
never: He should in no case be allowed to get up until he has completely recovered from his illness.
Hi guys, this photo is about Lovely Ipod Touch Rugged Case #5 Griffin-iPod-Touch-5th-6th-Gen-Rugged-Case-. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1165 x 874. It's file size is only 99 KB. If You decided to download This photo to Your PC, you can Click here. You might too see more images by clicking the photo below or see more at here: Ipod Touch Rugged Case.
Ipod Touch Rugged Case has been combined with regularity that is increasing. More and more homeowners discover that ability can be used by them inside their bathroom. There are numerous different choices to pick from. It truly is only of narrowing your final decision to only one choice an issue. Conventional Ipod Touch Rugged Cases are often circular or square.
For anything somewhat unique a Lovely Ipod Touch Rugged Case #5 Griffin-iPod-Touch-5th-6th-Gen-Rugged-Case- that is deeply ranked can be chosen by you. One end of the spike is two or an inch serious, while the suggestion of the oval will be the normal degree for the sink. You must have a bigger countertop area to accommodate this style nonetheless it is spectacular to behold and all sorts of fun showing off to your friends. You may also uncover other patterns for example block. Some comes with a jar that is the identical detail through the entire serving while others have. Both models are simply a of deciding which works best-in your bathroom.
Materials that are typical incorporate metal or porcelain. Which regular ingredients are superior, for genuine ornamental you are able to select supplies like pebble or cement. The grade of the feel brings real drama to the bathroom and is quite lovely.