Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Railrail1 (rāl),USA pronunciation n.
- a bar of wood or metal fixed horizontally for any of various purposes, as for a support, barrier, fence, or railing.
- a fence;
- one of two fences marking the inside and outside boundaries of a racetrack.
- one of a pair of steel bars that provide the running surfaces for the wheels of locomotives and railroad cars. See illus. under flange.
- the railroad as a means of transportation: to travel by rail.
- rails, stocks or bonds of railroad companies.
- [Naut.]a horizontal member capping a bulwark.
- [Carpentry, Furniture.]any of various horizontal members framing panels or the like, as in a system of paneling, paneled door, window sash, or chest of drawers. Cf. stile 2.
- a line of cocaine crystals or powder for inhaling through the nose.
- to furnish or enclose with a rail or rails.
Mapmap (map),USA pronunciation n., v., mapped, map•ping.
- a representation, usually on a flat surface, as of the features of an area of the earth or a portion of the heavens, showing them in their respective forms, sizes, and relationships according to some convention of representation: a map of Canada.
- a maplike delineation, representation, or reflection of anything: The old man's face is a map of time.
- [Math.]function (def. 4a).
- the face: Wipe that smile off that ugly map of yours.
- See genetic map.
- off the map, out of existence;
into oblivion: Whole cities were wiped off the map.
- put on the map, to bring into the public eye;
make known, famous, or prominent: The discovery of gold put our town on the map.
- to represent or delineate on or as if on a map.
- to sketch or plan (often fol. by out): to map out a new career.
SeattleSe•at•tle (sē at′l),USA pronunciation n.
- (Seatlh), c1790–1866, Suquamish leader: Seattle, Washington, named after him.
- a seaport in W Washington, on Puget Sound. 493,846.
Mostmost (mōst),USA pronunciation adj., [superl. of much or many with more as compar.]
- in the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number: to win the most votes.
- in the majority of instances: Most operations are successful.
- greatest, as in size or extent: the most talent.
- for the most part. See part (def. 18).
- the greatest quantity, amount, or degree;
the utmost: The most I can hope for is a passing grade.
- the greatest number or the majority of a class specified: Most of his writing is rubbish.
- the greatest number: The most this room will seat is 150.
- the majority of persons: to be more sensitive than most.
- at the most, at the maximum. Also, at most.
- make the most of, to use to greatest advantage;
utilize fully: to make the most of an opportunity.
- the most, the ultimate in something: He's the most. That movie was the most.
adv., [superl. of much with more as compar.]
- in or to the greatest extent or degree (in this sense often used before adjectives and adverbs, and regularly before those of more than two syllables, to form superlative phrases having the same force and effect as the superlative degree formed by the termination -est): most rapid; most wisely.
- very: a most puzzling case.
- almost or nearly.
Storiessto•ry1 (stôr′ē, stōr′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ries, v., -ried, -ry•ing.
- a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader;
- a fictitious tale, shorter and less elaborate than a novel.
- such narratives or tales as a branch of literature: song and story.
- the plot or succession of incidents of a novel, poem, drama, etc.: The characterizations were good, but the story was weak.
- a narration of an incident or a series of events or an example of these that is or may be narrated, as an anecdote, joke, etc.
- a narration of the events in the life of a person or the existence of a thing, or such events as a subject for narration: the story of medicine; the story of his life.
- a report or account of a matter;
statement or allegation: The story goes that he rejected the offer.
- See news story.
- a lie or fabrication: What he said about himself turned out to be a story.
- to ornament with pictured scenes, as from history or legend.
- [Obs.]to tell the history or story of.
Howdy guys, this image is about Exceptional Light Rail Map Seattle #8 Most Read Stories. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 918 x 1207. This blog post's file size is only 150 KB. Wether You ought to download This blog post to Your computer, you can Click here. You might too download more pictures by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: Light Rail Map Seattle.
Exceptional Light Rail Map Seattle #8 Most Read Stories get to be the most significant factor in flooring on your home's option. When the ground your coloring select too dark when you yourself have a small residence minimalist, then this could create your property inside search fascinated claustrophobic and miserable.
If we feel uneasy within the residence, then you definitely and your family will not feel relaxed sitting at home to be able to create your family members' poor ramifications resemble to enjoy beyond your property. When you will find two shades using the size of the location of the room inside the bedroom the identical colour of the floor you can observe the difference however they are very different.
When we differ because space there is a widespread effect, silent, and relaxed. Hence the colour of the tile floors could you pick should really since one of ceramic colors will decide the beauty of the property, you give consideration and do not be underestimated.