VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Antiquean•tique (an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
Oakoak (ōk),USA pronunciation n.
- any tree or shrub belonging to the genus Quercus, of the beech family, bearing the acorn as fruit.
- the hard, durable wood of such a tree, used in making furniture and in construction.
- the leaves of this tree, esp. as worn in a chaplet.
- anything made of the wood of this tree, as an item of furniture, a door, etc.
- sport one's oak, (of a university student) to indicate that one is not at home to visitors by closing the outer door of one's lodgings.
Secretarysec•re•tar•y (sek′ri ter′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -tar•ies.
- a person, usually an official, who is in charge of the records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of an organization, company, association, etc.: the secretary of the Linguistic Society of America.
- a person employed to handle correspondence and do routine work in a business office, usually involving taking dictation, typing, filing, and the like.
- See private secretary.
- (often cap.) an officer of state charged with the superintendence and management of a particular department of government, as a member of the president's cabinet in the U.S.: Secretary of the Treasury.
- Also called diplomatic secretary. a diplomatic official of an embassy or legation who ranks below a counselor and is usually assigned as first secretary, second secretary, or third secretary.
- a piece of furniture for use as a writing desk.
- Also called sec′retary book′case. a desk with bookshelves on top of it.
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Hello there, this post is about Victorian 1900 Antique Oak Secretary Desk . ( 1900 Secretary Desk Ideas #5). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1203 x 802. It's file size is only 121 KB. If You ought to save This post to Your computer, you may Click here. You might also see more attachments by clicking the photo below or read more at here: 1900 Secretary Desk.
The house often has its character. Furthermore together with the cottage are observed in the UK. Don't want to modify the building's construction is an excessive amount of, Victorian 1900 Antique Oak Secretary Desk . ( 1900 Secretary Desk Ideas #5) styles and conventional pad compete.
Never expected gorgeous, an effect! So that you can take care of the building's character, the developer Alex Saint of Home Architecture introducing a home layout apart from the major building. The effect? Gorgeous! Yes, Chelshire was located in by a bungalow, great britain is the building under consideration.
Want to deliver the setting is warm and cozy, the furniture comes with a gentle white color as his concluding. Storage and modern equipment is also gorgeous home design matches this 1. Furthermore with up-lighting to illuminate the space through the night.
If you such as the atmosphere of the kitchen that is comfortable and also peaceful using a minor vintage sense, then this Victorian 1900 Antique Oak Secretary Desk . ( 1900 Secretary Desk Ideas #5) with possibly a terrific decision for you. To have this fashion kitchen cabinets that are inexpensive can be made an election that have pattern by you and use a wooden flooring has a structure. Hotter will be felt by using bright shades brown with details of timber and white hues will make supper within the kitchen along with your family.
The bungalow was built-in the 18th century and is currently past renovation's stage. As opposed to trying to simulate the type of the cottage, Alex St made a decision to create yet another kitchen design that will reduce the architectural change of the entire resort and sustain the type of the residence.
Your kitchen layout within the form. Glass' use here's meant to have the capacity to control the temperature. Glass might be exposed to supply fresh air in to the space, when summer occurs. Surfaces using the same material using an exterior deck, for there to become a popular line between the 1900 Secretary Desk with new home.