Early 20th C Antique Oak Larkin Secretary Desk & Bookcase Mirrored Arts + Craft (charming 1900 Secretary Desk #2)
Early 20th C Antique Oak Larkin Secretary Desk & Bookcase Mirrored Arts + Craft (charming 1900 Secretary Desk #2) Photos Album
the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Antiquean•tique (an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
Oakoak (ōk),USA pronunciation n.
- any tree or shrub belonging to the genus Quercus, of the beech family, bearing the acorn as fruit.
- the hard, durable wood of such a tree, used in making furniture and in construction.
- the leaves of this tree, esp. as worn in a chaplet.
- anything made of the wood of this tree, as an item of furniture, a door, etc.
- sport one's oak, (of a university student) to indicate that one is not at home to visitors by closing the outer door of one's lodgings.
Secretarysec•re•tar•y (sek′ri ter′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -tar•ies.
- a person, usually an official, who is in charge of the records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of an organization, company, association, etc.: the secretary of the Linguistic Society of America.
- a person employed to handle correspondence and do routine work in a business office, usually involving taking dictation, typing, filing, and the like.
- See private secretary.
- (often cap.) an officer of state charged with the superintendence and management of a particular department of government, as a member of the president's cabinet in the U.S.: Secretary of the Treasury.
- Also called diplomatic secretary. a diplomatic official of an embassy or legation who ranks below a counselor and is usually assigned as first secretary, second secretary, or third secretary.
- a piece of furniture for use as a writing desk.
- Also called sec′retary book′case. a desk with bookshelves on top of it.
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Bookcasebook•case (bŏŏk′kās′),USA pronunciation n.
- a set of shelves for books.
Mirroredmir•ror (mir′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a reflecting surface, originally of polished metal but now usually of glass with a silvery, metallic, or amalgam backing.
- such a surface set into a frame, attached to a handle, etc., for use in viewing oneself or as an ornament.
- any reflecting surface, as the surface of calm water under certain lighting conditions.
- a surface that is either plane, concave, or convex and that reflects rays of light.
- something that gives a minutely faithful representation, image, or idea of something else: Gershwin's music was a mirror of its time.
- a pattern for imitation;
exemplar: a man who was the mirror of fashion.
- a glass, crystal, or the like, used by magicians, diviners, etc.
- with mirrors, by or as if by magic.
- to reflect in or as if in a mirror.
- to reflect as a mirror does.
- to mimic or imitate (something) accurately.
- to be or give a faithful representation, image, or idea of: Her views on politics mirror mine completely.
- (of a canon or fugue) capable of being played in retrograde or in inversion, as though read in a mirror placed beside or below the music.
Artsart1 (ärt),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
- the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria;
works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.
- a field, genre, or category of art: Dance is an art.
- the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture: art and architecture.
- any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art; industrial art.
- (in printed matter) illustrative or decorative material: Is there any art with the copy for this story?
- the principles or methods governing any craft or branch of learning: the art of baking; the art of selling.
- the craft or trade using these principles or methods.
- skill in conducting any human activity: a master at the art of conversation.
- a branch of learning or university study, esp. one of the fine arts or the humanities, as music, philosophy, or literature.
- (used with a sing. v.) the humanities: a college of arts and sciences.
- (used with a pl. v.) See liberal arts.
- skilled workmanship, execution, or agency, as distinguished from nature.
cunning: glib and devious art.
- studied action;
artificiality in behavior.
- an artifice or artful device: the innumerable arts and wiles of politics.
- [Archaic.]science, learning, or scholarship.
Craftcraft (kraft, kräft),USA pronunciation n., pl. crafts or, for 5, 8, craft, v.
- an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, esp. manual skill: the craft of a mason.
dexterity: The silversmith worked with great craft.
- skill or ability used for bad purposes;
- the members of a trade or profession collectively;
- a ship or other vessel.
- a number of ships or other vessels taken as a whole: The craft were warned of possible heavy squalls.
- aircraft collectively.
- a single aircraft.
- to make or manufacture (an object, objects, product, etc.) with skill and careful attention to detail.
Howdy , this attachment is about Early 20th C Antique Oak Larkin Secretary Desk & Bookcase Mirrored Arts + Craft (charming 1900 Secretary Desk #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 655 x 987. This blog post's file size is only 91 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your PC, you should Click here. You may too download more pictures by clicking the following image or see more at this article: 1900 Secretary Desk.
Lumber surfaces there are so many different hues outthere available in the market I am confident an item is to fit even the wildest suggestions developers. Although driving the limitations of style that is traditional and being innovative is definitely welcome inside the interior design marketplace is still very important to follow particular regulations and recommendations to prevent a number of the Early 20th C Antique Oak Larkin Secretary Desk & Bookcase Mirrored Arts + Craft (charming 1900 Secretary Desk #2) fashion that is errors humiliating.
Below you will find some noteworthy although simple suggestions to remember when choosing the Early 20th C Antique Oak Larkin Secretary Desk & Bookcase Mirrored Arts + Craft (charming 1900 Secretary Desk #2) to your inside.
The area measurement, texture and color of the shade of the furniture, large ceilings as well as the walls should really be your first factor whenever choosing shades for your floor. For your closing design to reach your goals should really be complementary shades. The ground that is brand new should fit the existing timber floors to maintain flow and the strength of the house.
Stay away from dark ground in a little room with dark surfaces - it'll make the area more thick and dismal (observe how surfaces made of black wood). Black colors bring the heat of decor's other elements out. For lightcolored surfaces and walls roofs go in rooms with minimal.