Groupsgroup (gro̅o̅p),USA pronunciation n.
- any collection or assemblage of persons or things;
aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
- a number of persons or things ranged or considered together as being related in some way.
- Also called radical. two or more atoms specifically arranged, as the hydroxyl group, –OH. Cf. free radical.
- (in the classification of related languages within a family) a category of a lower order than a subbranch and of a higher order than a subgroup: the Low German group of West Germanic languages.
- any grouping of languages, whether it is made on the basis of geography, genetic relationship, or something else.
- a division of stratified rocks comprising two or more formations.
- [Army.]a flexible administrative and tactical unit consisting of two or more battalions and a headquarters.
- Air Force. an administrative and operational unit subordinate to a wing, usually composed of two or more squadrons.
- a section of an orchestra comprising the instruments of the same class.
- [Art.]a number of figures or objects shown in an arrangement together.
- an algebraic system that is closed under an associative operation, as multiplication or addition, and in which there is an identity element that, on operating on another element, leaves the second element unchanged, and in which each element has corresponding to it a unique element that, on operating on the first, results in the identity element.
- [Gram. Chiefly Brit.]a phrase: nominal group; verbal group.
- to place or associate together in a group, as with others.
- to arrange in or form into a group or groups.
- to form a group.
- to be part of a group.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Periodspe•ri•od (pēr′ē əd),USA pronunciation n.
- a rather large interval of time that is meaningful in the life of a person, in history, etc., because of its particular characteristics: a period of illness; a period of great profitability for a company; a period of social unrest in Germany.
- any specified division or portion of time: poetry of the period from 1603 to 1660.
- a round of time or series of years by which time is measured.
- a round of time marked by the recurrence of some phenomenon or occupied by some recurring process or action.
- the point of completion of a round of time or of the time during which something lasts or happens.
- a specific length of time during school hours that a student spends in a classroom, laboratory, etc., or has free.
- any of the parts of equal length into which a game is divided.
- the time during which something runs its course.
- the present time.
- the point or character (.) used to mark the end of a declarative sentence, indicate an abbreviation, etc.;
- a full pause, as is made at the end of a complete sentence;
- a sentence, esp. a well-balanced, impressive sentence: the stately periods of Churchill.
- a periodic sentence.
- an occurrence of menstruation.
- a time of the month during which menstruation occurs.
- the basic unit of geologic time, during which a standard rock system is formed: comprising two or more epochs and included with other periods in an era. See table under geologic time.
- the duration of one complete cycle of a wave or oscillation;
the reciprocal of the frequency.
- a division of a composition, usually a passage of eight or sixteen measures, complete or satisfactory in itself, commonly consisting of two or more contrasted or complementary phrases ending with a conclusive cadence.
- Also called period of rotation. the time in which a body rotates once on its axis.
- Also called period of revolution. the time in which a planet or satellite revolves once about its primary.
- See under periodic (def. 5).
- [Class. Pros.]a group of two or more cola.
- noting, pertaining to, evocative of, imitating, or representing a historical period or the styles current during a specific period of history: period costumes; a period play.
- (used by a speaker or writer to indicate that a decision is irrevocable or that a point is no longer discussable): I forbid you to go, period.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Periodicpe•ri•od•ic1 (pēr′ē od′ik),USA pronunciation adj.
- recurring at intervals of time: periodic revivals of an interest in handicrafts.
- occurring or appearing at regular intervals: periodic visits of a mail steamer to an island.
- repeated at irregular intervals;
intermittent: periodic outbreaks of the disease.
- recurring at equal intervals of time.
- (of a function) having a graph that repeats after a fixed interval(period) of the independent variable.
- characterized by a series of successive circuits or revolutions, as the motion of a planet or satellite.
- of or pertaining to a period, as of the revolution of a heavenly body.
- pertaining to or characterized by rhetorical periods, or periodic sentences.
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Hello , this photo is about Groups And Periods In Periodic Table #5 Most-viewed-thumbnail. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 881 x 661. It's file size is just 153 KB. If You desired to save This post to Your PC, you might Click here. You also also see more photos by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Groups And Periods In Periodic Table.
Groups And Periods In Periodic Table style has become a beloved style of many people to their residence. The design is stylish, modern and straightforward search has attracted many people to use to their occupancy. Getting a modern look that is modern lovely? The furniture is made for contemporary style type comes with a characteristic that was appealing.
The look model fixtures supply the perception of sunshine and easy in the remaining appearance of the area. the utilization of a smooth straight-line can obtains this to-use white color so satisfied light and clear. Another content utilized is glass content which will be translucent to give a more modern's perception.
Flooring with components such as timber, ceramics, porcelain tile efficiently inserted within the contemporary classification. Give concluding pretty like a carpeting for one more impact of luxury and to accident place aesthetically. This trick is for isolating between your dining room along with the family area which often appear next-to one another, most ideal.
the palette of simple colors dominates Groups And Periods In Periodic Table layout style's color scheme like dull, brown, dark, and white. Utilize these hues for indoor aspects ground, such as walls, ceiling, and booking a place to get a dash of bright colors in extras and furniture of the space.
Use your imagination for a more imaginative process designs and finishes to supply a striking beauty while in the bedroom. Options have opened for that content used to conduct out interior-design stand is. The perception that's sensed in contemporary interior-design is outlines that are small and setting " less material ".
Today with modern contemporary interior planning, room is made open and vivid with sun light in the place. Choose white floor product to ensure that lighting may be reflected round the room in the house. Also employ glass as opposed to skylights , significant windows and wall substance to create up to possible inhouse in day light.