Antiquean•tique (an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Chestchest (chest),USA pronunciation n.
- the trunk of the body from the neck to the abdomen; thorax.
- a box, usually with a lid, for storage, safekeeping of valuables, etc.: a toy chest; a jewelry chest.
- the place where the funds of a public institution or charitable organization are kept;
- the funds themselves.
- a box in which certain goods, as tea, are packed for transit.
- the quantity contained in such a box: a chest of spices.
- See chest of drawers.
- a small cabinet, esp. one hung on a wall, for storage, as of toiletries and medicines: a medicine chest.
- get (something) off one's chest, [Informal.]to relieve oneself of (problems, troubling thoughts, etc.) by revealing them to someone.
- play it close to the chest. See vest (def. 8).
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Drawersdraw•er (drôr for 1, 2; drô′ər for 3–6),USA pronunciation n.
- a sliding, lidless, horizontal compartment, as in a piece of furniture, that may be drawn out in order to gain access to it.
- drawers, (used with a pl. v.) an undergarment, with legs, that covers the lower part of the body.
- a person or thing that draws.
- [Finance.]a person who draws an order, draft, or bill of exchange.
- a person who operates a drawbench.
- a tapster.
Hi , this blog post is about Antique Victorian Chest Of Drawers (superior Antique Victorian Chest Of Drawers #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1457 x 1092. It's file size is just 217 KB. If You ought to save It to Your PC, you should Click here. You also too download more pictures by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Antique Victorian Chest Of Drawers.
But grey is really a basic colour that seems however simple to complement with shades that are different more distinction. So the selected shade Antique Victorian Chest Of Drawers (superior Antique Victorian Chest Of Drawers #4) is suitable for those who want to use simple hues like white, but less. You must contemplate these guidelines and concerns in choosing color combinations, to obtain the combination right paint shade. Pick a coloring to paint the surfaces a bright color combinations of dreary.
The bright shades are intended here is not too dazzling vibrant color, since the color mix of Antique Victorian Chest Of Drawers (superior Antique Victorian Chest Of Drawers #4) with colors that are striking can really produce the impression unattractive. Pick hues which can be vivid. For example, light-blue, grass green, pink, yet others. But you should pick the combo that is correct although the combination with different shades which might be better nor forbidden.