Formsform (fôrm),USA pronunciation n.
- external appearance of a clearly defined area, as distinguished from color or material;
configuration: a triangular form.
- the shape of a thing or person.
- a body, esp. that of a human being.
- a dummy having the same measurements as a human body, used for fitting or displaying clothing: a dressmaker's form.
- something that gives or determines shape;
- a particular condition, character, or mode in which something appears: water in the form of ice.
- the manner or style of arranging and coordinating parts for a pleasing or effective result, as in literary or musical composition: a unique form for the novel.
- [Fine Arts.]
- the organization, placement, or relationship of basic elements, as lines and colors in a painting or volumes and voids in a sculpture, so as to produce a coherent image;
the formal structure of a work of art.
- three-dimensional quality or volume, as of a represented object or anatomical part.
- an object, person, or part of the human body or the appearance of any of these, esp. as seen in nature: His work is characterized by the radical distortion of the human form.
- any assemblage of things of a similar kind constituting a component of a group, especially of a zoological group.
- [Crystall.]the combination of all the like faces possible on a crystal of given symmetry.
- due or proper shape;
orderly arrangement of parts;
- the structure, pattern, organization, or essential nature of anything.
- structure or pattern as distinguished from matter.
- (cap.) [Platonism.]idea (def. 7c).
- [Aristotelianism.]that which places a thing in its particular species or kind.
- [Logic.]the abstract relations of terms in a proposition, and of propositions to one another.
- a set, prescribed, or customary order or method of doing something.
- a set order of words, as for use in religious ritual or in a legal document: a form for initiating new members.
- a document with blank spaces to be filled in with particulars before it is executed: a tax form.
- a typical document to be used as a guide in framing others for like cases: a form for a deed.
- a conventional method of procedure or behavior: society's forms.
- a formality or ceremony, often with implication of absence of real meaning: to go through the outward forms of a religious wedding.
- procedure according to a set order or method.
- conformity to the usages of society;
ceremony: the elaborate forms prevalent in thecourts of renaissance kings.
- procedure or conduct, as judged by social standards: Such behavior is very bad form. Good form demands that we go.
- manner or method of performing something;
technique: The violin soloist displayed tremendous form.
- physical condition or fitness, as for performing: a tennis player in peak form.
- a word, part of a word, or group of words forming a construction that recurs in various contexts in a language with relatively constant meaning. Cf. linguistic form.
- a particular shape of such a form that occurs in more than one shape. In I'm, 'm is a form of am.
- a word with a particular inflectional ending or other modification. Goes is a form of go.
- [Ling.]the shape or pattern of a word or other construction (distinguished from substance).
- [Building Trades.]temporary boarding or sheeting of plywood or metal for giving a desired shape to poured concrete, rammed earth, etc.
- a grade or class of pupils in a British secondary school or in certain U.S. private schools: boys in the fourth form.
- [Brit.]a bench or long seat.
- Also,[Brit.,] forme. [Print.]an assemblage of types, leads, etc., secured in a chase to print from.
- to construct or frame.
- to make or produce.
- to serve to make up;
constitute: The remaining members will form the program committee.
- to place in order;
- to frame (ideas, opinions, etc.) in the mind.
- to contract or develop (habits, friendships, etc.).
- to give form or shape to;
- to give a particular form or shape to;
fashion in a particular manner: Form the dough into squares.
- to mold or develop by discipline or instructions: The sergeant's job was to form boys into men.
- to make (a derivation) by some grammatical change: The suffix "-ly'' forms adverbs from adjectives.
- to have (a grammatical feature) represented in a particular shape: English forms plurals in "-s''.
- [Mil.]to draw up in lines or in formation.
- to take or assume form.
- to be formed or produced: Ice began to form on the window.
- to take a particular form or arrangement: The ice formed in patches across the window.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Hi folks, this image is about Forms Of Light #1 SlidePlayer. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 874 x 656. This blog post's file size is only 103 KB. If You ought to download It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You might also download more images by clicking the following picture or see more at this article: Forms Of Light.
We would like to talk about some tips about timber floor colors, before speaking about Forms Of Light #1 SlidePlayer. Black and black shades really are a common alternative for musicians' companies, contemporary trendy and interiors. Polluted conventional brown color or normal wood which is perfect should you desire a vintage search. Colour detail and bold (different shades of crimson: maple and ash Jatoba or stained within the same coloring) that is perfect for professional decorations, offices and other large places where the ground becomes a key element of the decor.
Brown warm silver and wood shades that are crimson will make your room cozy. Dull ground and bright can make your bedroom roomy. Opt for pure shaded wood flooring in matt end in the event the power to disguise scratches and a small reduction really are a must. Keep in mind that the shades should complement distinction and eachother. The floor can not have identical hues as furniture.
There is no greater approach to determine the color of the ground as opposed to taking a look at the sample place in day light while the Forms Of Light #1 SlidePlayer images and virtual room planner may give a general notion of what the ultimate result might be.