Postpost1 (pōst),USA pronunciation n.
- a strong piece of timber, metal, or the like, set upright as a support, a point of attachment, a place for displaying notices, etc.
- one of the principal uprights of a piece of furniture, as one supporting a chair back or forming one corner of a chest of drawers. Cf. stump (def. 11).
- [Papermaking.]a stack of 144 sheets of handmolded paper, interleaved with felt.
- [Horse Racing.]a pole on a racetrack indicating the point where a race begins or ends: the starting post.
- the lane of a racetrack farthest from the infield;
the outside lane. Cf. pole 1 (def. 4).
- a message that is sent to a newsgroup.
- to affix (a notice, bulletin, etc.) to a post, wall, or the like.
- to bring to public notice by or as by a poster or bill: to post a reward.
- to denounce by a public notice or declaration: They were posted as spies.
- to publish the name of in a list: to post a student on the dean's list.
- to publish the name of (a ship) as missing or lost.
- to placard (a wall, fence, etc.) with notices, bulletins, etc.: The wall was posted with announcements.
- to put up signs on (land or other property) forbidding trespassing:: The estate has been posted by the owner.
- to send (a message) to a newsgroup.
- to send a message to a newsgroup.
Officeof•fice (ô′fis, of′is),USA pronunciation n.
- a room, set of rooms, or building where the business of a commercial or industrial organization or of a professional person is conducted: the main office of an insurance company; a doctor's office.
- a room assigned to a specific person or a group of persons in a commercial or industrial organization: Her office is next to mine.
- a business or professional organization: He went to work in an architect's office.
- the staff or designated part of a staff at a commercial or industrial organization: The whole office was at his wedding.
- a position of duty, trust, or authority, esp. in the government, a corporation, a society, or the like: She was elected twice to the office of president.
- employment or position as an official: to seek office.
- the duty, function, or part of a particular person or agency: to act in the office of adviser.
- (cap.) an operating agency or division of certain departments of the U.S. Government: Office of Community Services.
- (cap.) [Brit.]a major administrative unit or department of the national government: the Foreign Office.
- hint, signal, or warning;
- Often, offices. something, whether good or bad, done or said for or to another: He obtained a position through the offices of a friend.
- the prescribed order or form for a service of the church or for devotional use.
- the services so prescribed.
- Also called divine office. the prayers, readings from Scripture, and psalms that must be recited every day by all who are in major orders.
- a ceremony or rite, esp. for the dead.
- a service or task to be performed;
chore: little domestic offices.
- offices, [Chiefly Brit.]
- the parts of a house, as the kitchen, pantry, or laundry, devoted mainly to household work.
- the stables, barns, cowhouses, etc., of a farm.
- [Older Slang.]privy.
Publicpub•lic (pub′lik),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or affecting a population or a community as a whole: public funds; a public nuisance.
- done, made, acting, etc., for the community as a whole: public prosecution.
- open to all persons: a public meeting.
- of, pertaining to, or being in the service of a community or nation, esp. as a government officer: a public official.
- maintained at the public expense and under public control: a public library; a public road.
- generally known: The fact became public.
- familiar to the public;
prominent: public figures.
- open to the view of all;
existing or conducted in public: a public dispute.
- pertaining or devoted to the welfare or well-being of the community: public spirit.
- of or pertaining to all humankind;
- go public:
- to issue stock for sale to the general public.
- to present private or previously concealed information, news, etc., to the public;
make matters open to public view: The Senator threatened to go public with his Congressional-reform plan.
- make public, to cause to become known generally, as through the news media: Her resignation was made public this morning.
- the people constituting a community, state, or nation.
- a particular group of people with a common interest, aim, etc.: the book-buying public.
- a tavern;
- in public, not in private;
in a situation open to public view or access;
publicly: It was the first time that she had sung in public.
Finefine1 (fīn),USA pronunciation adj., fin•er, fin•est, adv., v., fined, fin•ing, n.
- of superior or best quality;
of high or highest grade: fine wine.
- choice, excellent, or admirable: a fine painting.
- consisting of minute particles: fine sand; a fine purée.
- very thin or slender: fine thread.
- keen or sharp, as a tool: Is the knife fine enough to carve well?
- delicate in texture;
filmy: fine cotton fabric.
- delicately fashioned: fine tracery.
- highly skilled or accomplished: a fine musician.
- trained to the maximum degree, as an athlete.
- characterized by or affecting refinement or elegance: a fine lady.
- polished or refined: fine manners.
- affectedly ornate or elegant: A style so fine repels the average reader.
- delicate or subtle: a fine distinction.
- bright and clear: a fine day; fine skin.
well: In spite of his recent illness, he looks fine.
- showy or smart;
elegant in appearance: a bird of fine plumage.
- good-looking or handsome: a fine young man.
- (of a precious metal or its alloy) free from impurities or containing a large amount of pure metal: fine gold; Sterling silver is 92.5 percent fine.
- in an excellent manner;
very well: He did fine on the exams. She sings fine.
- very small: She writes so fine I can hardly read it.
- [Billiards, Pool.]in such a way that the driven ball barely touches the object ball in passing.
- as close as possible to the wind: sailing fine.
- cut fine, to calculate precisely, esp. without allowing for possible error or accident: To finish in ten minutes is to cut it too fine.
- to become fine or finer, as by refining.
- to become less, as in size or proportions;
diminish (often fol. by down): The plumpness fines down with exercise.
- to make fine or finer, esp. by refining or pulverizing.
- to reduce the size or proportions of (often used with down or away): to fine down the heavy features; to fine away superfluous matter in a design.
- to clarify (wines or spirits) by filtration.
- [Mining.]crushed ore sufficiently fine to pass through a given screen. Cf. short (def. 37a).
- the fine bits of corn kernel knocked off during handling of the grain.
Artsart1 (ärt),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
- the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria;
works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.
- a field, genre, or category of art: Dance is an art.
- the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture: art and architecture.
- any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art; industrial art.
- (in printed matter) illustrative or decorative material: Is there any art with the copy for this story?
- the principles or methods governing any craft or branch of learning: the art of baking; the art of selling.
- the craft or trade using these principles or methods.
- skill in conducting any human activity: a master at the art of conversation.
- a branch of learning or university study, esp. one of the fine arts or the humanities, as music, philosophy, or literature.
- (used with a sing. v.) the humanities: a college of arts and sciences.
- (used with a pl. v.) See liberal arts.
- skilled workmanship, execution, or agency, as distinguished from nature.
cunning: glib and devious art.
- studied action;
artificiality in behavior.
- an artifice or artful device: the innumerable arts and wiles of politics.
- [Archaic.]science, learning, or scholarship.
Centercen•ter (sen′tər),USA pronunciation n.
- [Geom.]the middle point, as the point within a circle or sphere equally distant from all points of the circumference or surface, or the point within a regular polygon equally distant from the vertices.
- a point, pivot, axis, etc., around which anything rotates or revolves: The sun is the center of the solar system.
- the source of an influence, action, force, etc.: the center of a problem.
- a point, place, person, etc., upon which interest, emotion, etc., focuses: His family is the center of his life.
- a principal point, place, or object: a shipping center.
- a building or part of a building used as a meeting place for a particular group or having facilities for certain activities: a youth center; The company has a complete recreation center in the basement.
- an office or other facility providing a specific service or dealing with a particular emergency: a flood-relief center; a crisis center.
- a person, thing, group, etc., occupying the middle position, esp. a body of troops.
- the core or middle of anything: chocolate candies with fruit centers.
- a store or establishment devoted to a particular subject or hobby, carrying supplies, materials, tools, and books as well as offering guidance and advice: a garden center; a nutrition center.
- See shopping center.
- (usually cap.)
- the part of a legislative assembly, esp. in continental Europe, that sits in the center of the chamber, a position customarily assigned to members of the legislature who hold political views intermediate between those of the Right and Left.
- the members of such an assembly who sit in the Center.
- the political position of persons who hold moderate views.
- politically moderate persons, taken collectively;
middle-of-the-roaders: Unfortunately, his homeland has always lacked a responsible Center.
- a lineman who occupies a position in the middle of the line and who puts the ball into play by tossing it between his legs to a back.
- the position played by this lineman.
- a player who participates in a center jump.
- the position of the player in the center of the court, where the center jump takes place at the beginning of play.
- [Ice Hockey.]a player who participates in a face-off at the beginning of play.
- [Baseball.]See center field.
- a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific organic process: the vasomotor center.
- the mean position of a figure or system.
- the set of elements of a group that commute with every element of the group.
- a tapered rod, mounted in the headstock spindle(live center) or the tailstock spindle (dead center) of a lathe, upon which the work to be turned is placed.
- one of two similar points on some other machine, as a planing machine, enabling an object to be turned on its axis.
- a tapered indentation, in a piece to be turned on a lathe, into which a center is fitted.
- on center, from the centerline or midpoint of a structural member, an area of a plan, etc., to that of a similar member, area, etc.: The studs are set 30 inches on center. Abbr.:o.c.
- to place in or on a center: She centered the clock on the mantelpiece.
- to collect to or around a center;
focus: He centered his novel on the Civil War.
- to determine or mark the center of: A small brass star centered the tabletop.
- to adjust, shape, or modify (an object, part, etc.) so that its axis or the like is in a central or normal position: to center the lens of a telescope; to center the work on a lathe.
- to place (an object, part, etc.) so as to be equidistant from all bordering or adjacent areas.
- [Football.]snap (def. 20).
- to pass (a basketball, hockey puck, etc.) from any place along the periphery toward the middle of the playing area.
Also,[esp. Brit.,] centre. cen′ter•a•ble, adj.
- to be at or come to a center.
- to come to a focus;
concentrate (fol. by at, about, around, in, or on): The interest of the book centers specifically on the character of the eccentric hero. Political power in the town centers in the position of mayor.
- to gather or accumulate in a cluster* collect (fol. by at, about, around, in, or on): Shops and municipal buildings center around the city square.
Hello there, this attachment is about Jenison Post Office #10 Jenison Public Schools, Fine Arts Center. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 729 x 486. It's file size is just 85 KB. Wether You want to download This blog post to Your laptop, you might Click here. You may too download more images by clicking the picture below or see more at this post: Jenison Post Office.
Before talking about Jenison Post Office #10 Jenison Public Schools, Fine Arts Center, on selecting the most appropriate furniture on your house we'd like to speak about some tips. First, pick sized furniture. Within the variety of furniture while in the livingroom minimalist type's inside 45 or 36 must be maintained balanced using the size of one's livingroom minimalist. Must decide on a chair and tiny coffee-table were comfy as well as in harmony together with the area.
The main dilemma while in the design of Jenison Post Office #10 Jenison Public Schools, Fine Arts Center are common to middleclass people inside the cash is restricted place. As it may be circumvented by choosing the right design, but don't fear. Two important things you should think about to be able to demarcate the solitude of your family before creating your living-room may be the place isn't disrupted.
Use carpeting. In some houses you'll not locate a couch but rug that is gentle to receive friends while style properties remain major as Western-.
Choose vibrant colored wall color. This may provide wider than shades that are dim to the illusion of place becomes apparent.
Use a reflection. Positioning a sizable reflection in the living room likewise provides impression be treated.