Empire Gold Gilt Carved Window Cornice C1850 ( Antique Cornice #7)
Empireem•pire (em′pīər; for 8–10 also om pēr′),USA pronunciation n.
- a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.
- a government under an emperor or empress.
- (often cap.) the historical period during which a nation is under such a government: a history of the second French empire.
- supreme power in governing;
sovereignty: Austria's failure of empire in central Europe.
- supreme control;
absolute sway: passion's empire over the mind.
- a powerful and important enterprise or holding of large scope that is controlled by a single person, family, or group of associates: The family's shipping empire was founded 50 years ago.
- (cap.) a variety of apple somewhat resembling the McIntosh.
- (cap.) characteristic of or developed during the first French Empire, 1804–15.
- (usually cap.) (of women's attire and coiffures) of the style that prevailed during the first French Empire, in clothing being characterized esp. by décolletage and a high waistline, coming just below the bust, from which the skirt hangs straight and loose.
- (often cap.) noting or pertaining to the style of architecture, furnishings, and decoration prevailing in France and imitated to a greater or lesser extent in various other countries, c1800–30: characterized by the use of delicate but elaborate ornamentation imitated from Greek and Roman examples or containing classical allusions, as animal forms for the legs of furniture, bas-reliefs of classical figures, motifs of wreaths, torches, caryatids, lyres, and urns and by the occasional use of military and Egyptian motifs and, under the Napoleonic Empire itself, of symbols alluding to Napoleon I, as bees or the letter N.
Goldgold (gōld),USA pronunciation n.
- a precious yellow metallic element, highly malleable and ductile, and not subject to oxidation or corrosion. Symbol: Au;
at. wt.: 196.967;
at. no.: 79;
sp. gr.: 19.3 at 20°C.
- a quantity of gold coins: to pay in gold.
- a monetary standard based on this metal;
- something likened to this metal in brightness, preciousness, superiority, etc.: a heart of gold.
- a bright, metallic yellow color, sometimes tending toward brown.
- See gold medal.
- (cap.) the code name for one of the five D-day invasion beaches, assaulted by British troops.
- consisting of gold.
- pertaining to gold.
- like gold.
- of the color of gold.
- indicating the fiftieth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary. See table under wedding anniversary.
- (of a record, CD, or cassette) having sold a minimum of 500,000 copies.
Giltgilt1 (gilt),USA pronunciation v.
- a pt. and pp. of gild 1.
- gold in color;
- the thin layer of gold or other material applied in gilding.
- gilt-edged security.
gilt2 (gilt),USA pronunciation n.
- a young female swine, esp. one that has not produced a litter.
Carvedcarve (kärv),USA pronunciation v., carved, carv•ing.
- to cut (a solid material) so as to form something: to carve a piece of pine.
- to form from a solid material by cutting: to carve a statue out of stone.
- to cut into slices or pieces, as a roast of meat.
- to decorate with designs or figures cut on the surface: The top of the box was beautifully carved with figures of lions and unicorns.
- to cut (a design, figures, etc.) on a surface: Figures of lions and unicorns were carved on the top of the box.
- to make or create for oneself (often fol. by out): He carved out a career in business.
- to carve figures, designs, etc.
- to cut meat.
Windowwin•dow (win′dō),USA pronunciation n.
- an opening in the wall of a building, the side of a vehicle, etc., for the admission of air or light, or both, commonly fitted with a frame in which are set movable sashes containing panes of glass.
- such an opening with the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or any other device, by which it is closed.
- the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or the like, intended to fit such an opening: Finally the builders put in the windows.
- a windowpane.
- anything likened to a window in appearance or function, as a transparent section in an envelope, displaying the address.
- a period of time regarded as highly favorable for initiating or completing something: Investors have a window of perhaps six months before interest rates rise.
- chaff1 (def. 5).
- [Pharm.]the drug dosage range that results in a therapeutic effect, a lower dose being insufficient and a higher dose being toxic.
- See launch window.
- a specific area at the outer limits of the earth's atmosphere through which a spacecraft must reenter to arrive safely at its planned destination.
- a section of a display screen that can be created for viewing information from another part of a file or from another file: The split screen feature enables a user to create two or more windows.
- to furnish with a window or windows.
- [Obs.]to display or put in a window.
Cornicecor•nice (kôr′nis),USA pronunciation n., v., -niced, -nic•ing.
- any prominent, continuous, horizontally projecting feature surmounting a wall or other construction, or dividing it horizontally for compositional purposes.
- the uppermost member of a classical entablature, consisting of a bed molding, a corona, and a cymatium, with rows of dentils, modillions, etc., often placed between the bed molding and the corona.
- any of various other ornamental horizontal moldings or bands, as for concealing hooks or rods from which curtains are hung or for supporting picture hooks.
- a mass of snow, ice, etc., projecting over a mountain ridge.
- to furnish or finish with a cornice.
Howdy there, this picture is about Empire Gold Gilt Carved Window Cornice C1850 ( Antique Cornice #7). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 792 x 527. It's file size is only 137 KB. Wether You decided to save It to Your PC, you can Click here. You could also download more images by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Antique Cornice.
In case your Empire Gold Gilt Carved Window Cornice C1850 ( Antique Cornice #7) thinks claustrophobic because of the not enough light coming into the home, it requires superior illumination on your gorgeous residence. The room illumination is one of many effortless methods to create your home that is modest feel greater. In organizing the home decor, this needs to be done. Due to the light to become discussed this time is natural illumination from the sunlight, not the inside lighting which we outlined a while ago.
One in developing a home of the essential aspects that must be considered is the illumination. Right design of sunshine may also be able to develop a cozy aspect in addition to enhance the look of the home, besides operating illuminate the area at the move-in its time.
The best Empire Gold Gilt Carved Window Cornice C1850 ( Antique Cornice #7) at its key should be equitable. The light must not poor or too stunning. You'll find before building illumination natural light that people can enter a home interior can from nearby windows, skylights overhead three things you should think about, or it could be from the room close to your kitchen, livingroom, or bedroom.