9 attachments of U.S. Aircraft Carrier And Part Of Its Escort “sunk” By French Submarine During Drills Off Florida ( Aircraft Carrier Sinking #7)
Aircraftair•craft (âr′kraft′, -kräft′),USA pronunciation n., pl. -craft.
- any machine supported for flight in the air by buoyancy or by the dynamic action of air on its surfaces, esp. powered airplanes, gliders, and helicopters.
Carriercar•ri•er (kar′ē ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that carries.
- an employee of the post office who carries mail.
- a person who delivers newspapers, magazines, etc., on a particular route.
- an individual or company, as a railroad or steamship line, engaged in transporting passengers or goods for profit.
- See common carrier.
- a company that acts or functions as an underwriter or insurer.
- a frame, usually of metal, attached to a vehicle for carrying skis, luggage, etc., as on top of an automobile or station wagon;
- See aircraft carrier.
- an individual harboring specific pathogenic organisms who, though often immune to the agent harbored, may transmit the disease to others.
- an individual possessing an unexpressed, recessive trait.
- the bearer of a defective gene.
- Also called car′rier wave′. the wave whose amplitude, frequency, or phase is to be varied or modulated to transmit a signal.
- [Mach.]a mechanism by which something is carried or moved.
- a catalytic agent that brings about a transfer of an element or group of atoms from one compound to another.
- Also called charge carrier. any of the mobile electrons or holes in a metal or semiconductor that enable it to conduct electrical charge.
- [Physical Chem.]a usually inactive substance that acts as a vehicle for an active substance.
- See carrier pigeon.
- [Painting.]base1 (def. 15b).
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Partpart (pärt),USA pronunciation n.
- a portion or division of a whole that is separate or distinct;
piece, fragment, fraction, or section;
constituent: the rear part of the house; to glue the two parts together.
- an essential or integral attribute or quality: a sense of humor is part of a healthy personality.
- a section or division of a literary work.
- a portion, member, or organ of an animal body.
- any of a number of more or less equal quantities that compose a whole or into which a whole is divided: Use two parts sugar to one part cocoa.
- an allotted portion;
- Usually, parts.
- a region, quarter, or district: a journey to foreign parts.
- a quality or attribute establishing the possessor as a person of importance or superior worth: Being both a diplomat and a successful businesswoman, she is widely regarded as a woman of parts.
- either of the opposing sides in a contest, question, agreement, etc.
- the dividing line formed in separating the hair of the head and combing it in different directions.
- a constituent piece of a machine or tool either included at the time of manufacture or set in place as a replacement for the original piece.
- the written or printed matter extracted from the score that a single performer or section uses in the performance of concerted music: a horn part.
- a section or division of a composition: the allegro part of the first movement.
- participation, interest, or concern in something;
role: The neighbors must have had some part in planning the surprise party.
- a person's share in or contribution to some action;
duty, function, or office: You must do your part if we're to finish by tonight.
- a character or role acted in a play or sustained in real life.
- for one's part, as far as concerns one: For my part, you can do whatever you please.
- for the most part, with respect to the greatest part;
on the whole;
mostly: They are good students, for the most part.
- in good part:
- without offense;
in a good-natured manner;
amiably: She was able to take teasing in good part.
- to a great extent;
largely: His success is in good part ascribable to dogged determination.
- in part, in some measure or degree;
to some extent;
partially: The crop failure was due in part to unusual weather conditions.
- on the part of:
- so far as pertains to or concerns one: He expressed appreciation on the part of himself and his colleagues.
- as done or manifested by: attention on the part of the audience.Also, on one's part.
- part and parcel, an essential, necessary, or integral part: Her love for her child was part and parcel of her life.
- take part, to participate;
share or partake: They refused to take part in any of the activities of the community.
- take someone's part, to align oneself with;
defend: His parents took his part, even though he was obviously in the wrong.
- to divide (a thing) into parts;
- to comb (the hair) away from a dividing line.
- to divide into shares;
distribute in parts;
- to put or keep apart;
separate: They parted the calves from the herd.
- to separate (silver) from gold in refining.
- to cut (one part) away from a piece, as an end from a billet.
- to keep the surface of (a casting) separate from the sand of the mold.
- [Obs.]to leave.
- to be or become divided into parts;
break or cleave: The oil tanker parted amidships.
- to go or come apart;
separate, as two or more things.
- to go apart from or leave one another, as persons: We'll part no more.
- to be or become separated from something else (usually fol. by from).
- to break or become torn apart, as a cable.
- to depart.
- to die.
- part company:
- to bid farewell or go separate ways;
leave one another.
- to dissolve a personal affiliation, relationship, etc., esp. because of irreconcilable differences.
- to disagree.
- part with, to give up (property, control, etc.);
relinquish: to part with one's money.
of a part: part owner.
- in part;
partly: part black.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Itsits (its),USA pronunciation pron.
- the possessive form of it (used as an attributive adjective): The book has lost its jacket. I'm sorry about its being so late.
Byby1 (bī),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., pl. byes.
- near to or next to: a home by a lake.
- over the surface of, through the medium of, along, or using as a route: He came by the highway. She arrived by air.
- on, as a means of conveyance: They arrived by ship.
- to and beyond the vicinity of;
past: He went by the church.
- within the extent or period of;
during: by day; by night.
- not later than;
at or before: I usually finish work by five o'clock.
- to the extent or amount of: The new tug is larger than the old one by a great deal. He's taller than his sister by three inches.
- from the opinion, evidence, or authority of: By his own account he was in Chicago at the time. I know him by sight.
- according to;
in conformity with: This is a bad movie by any standards.
- with (something) at stake;
on: to swear by all that is sacred.
- through the agency, efficacy, work, participation, or authority of: The book was published by Random House.
- from the hand, mind, invention, or creativity of: She read a poem by Emily Dickinson. The phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison.
- in consequence, as a result, or on the basis of: We met by chance. We won the game by forfeit.
- accompanied with or in the atmosphere of: Lovers walk by moonlight.
- in treatment or support of;
for: He did well by his children.
next after, as of the same items in a series: piece by piece; little by little.
- (in multiplication) taken the number of times as that specified by the second number, or multiplier: Multiply 18 by 57.
- (in measuring shapes) having an adjoining side of, as a width relative to a length: a room 10 feet by 12 feet.
- (in division) separated into the number of equal parts as that specified by the second number, or divisor: Divide 99 by 33.
- in terms or amounts of;
in measuring units of: Apples are sold by the bushel. I'm paid by the week.
- begot or born of: Eve had two sons by Adam.
- (of quadrupeds) having as a sire: Equipoise II by Equipoise.
- [Navig.](as used in the names of the 16 smallest points on the compass) one point toward the east, west, north, or south of N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW, respectively: He sailed NE by N from Pago Pago.
- into, at, or to: Come by my office this afternoon.
in the immediate vicinity;
at hand: The school is close by.
- to and beyond a point near something;
past: The car drove by.
away: Put your work by for the moment. Over the years, she laid by enough money to retire.
past: in times gone by.
- by and by, in a short time;
presently: The clouds will disappear by and by.
- by and large, in general;
on the whole: By and large, there is much to be said for the new system.
- by me:
- (in bridge and other bidding card games) a declaration that the speaker is passing.
- (in poker) a declaration that the speaker is checking: Is my pair of tens still high? By me.
adj. Also, bye.
- situated to one side: They came down a by passage.
- secondary, incidental: It was only a by comment.
- by the by. See bye 1 (def. 5).
FrenchFrench (french),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of France, its inhabitants, or their language, culture, etc.: French cooking.
- the people of France and their direct descendants.
- a Romance language spoken in France, parts of Belgium and Switzerland, and in areas colonized after 1500 by France. Abbr.: F
- (often l.c.) to prepare (food) according to a French method.
- (often l.c.) to cut (snap beans) into slivers or thin strips before cooking.
- (often l.c.) to trim the meat from the end of (a rib chop).
- (often l.c.) to prepare (meat) for cooking by slicing it into strips and pounding.
- to short-sheet (a bed).
- (often l.c.) Slang (vulgar). to give oral stimulation of the penis or vulva.
Duringdur•ing (dŏŏr′ing, dyŏŏr′-),USA pronunciation prep.
- throughout the duration, continuance, or existence of: He lived in Florida during the winter.
- at some time or point in the course of: They departed during the night.
Drillsdrill1 (dril),USA pronunciation n.
- [Mach., Building Trades.]
- a shaftlike tool with two or more cutting edges for making holes in firm materials, esp. by rotation.
- a tool, esp. a hand tool, for holding and operating such a tool.
- training in formal marching or other precise military or naval movements.
- an exercise in such training: gun drill.
- any strict, methodical, repetitive, or mechanical training, instruction, or exercise: a spelling drill.
- the correct or customary manner of proceeding.
- a gastropod, Urosalpinx cinera, that bores holes in shellfish, as oysters.
- to pierce or bore a hole in (something).
- to make (a hole) by boring.
- to instruct and exercise in formation marching and movement, in the carrying of arms during formal marching, and in the formal handling of arms for ceremonies and guard work.
- to impart (knowledge) by strict training, discipline, or repetition.
- to pierce or bore something with or as with a drill.
- to go through exercise in military or other training.
Offoff (ôf, of ),USA pronunciation adv.
- so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
- away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
- away from a path, course, etc.;
aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
- so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
- away from what is considered normal, regular, standard, or the like: to go off on a tangent.
- from a charge or price: He took 10 percent off for all cash purchases.
- at a distance in space or future time: to back off a few feet; Summer is only a week off.
- out of operation or effective existence: Turn the lights off.
- into operation or action: The alarm goes off at noon.
- so as to interrupt continuity or cause discontinuance: Negotiations have been broken off.
- in absence from work, service, a job, etc.: two days off at Christmas.
utterly: to kill off all the inhabitants.
- with prompt or ready performance: to dash a letter off.
- to fulfillment, or into execution or effect: The contest came off on the appointed day.
- into nonexistence or nothingness: My headache passed off soon.
- so as to be delineated, divided, or apportioned: Mark it off into equal parts.
- away from a state of consciousness: I must have dozed off.
- away from the land, a ship, the wind, etc.
- get it off. See get (def. 45).
- get off on. See get (def. 49).
- off and on:
- Also, on and off. with intervals between;
intermittently: to work off and on.
- on alternate tacks.
- off with:
- take away;
remove: Off with those muddy boots before you step into this kitchen!
- cut off: Off with his head!
- so as no longer to be supported by, attached to, on, resting on, or unified with: Take your feet off the table! Break a piece of bread off the loaf.
- deviating from: off balance; off course.
- below or less than the usual or expected level or standard: 20 percent off the marked price; I was off my golf game.
- away, disengaged, or resting from: to be off duty on Tuesdays.
- [Informal.]refraining or abstaining from;
denying oneself the pleasure, company, practice, etc., of: He's off gambling.
- away from;
apart or distant from: a village off the main road.
- leading into or away from: an alley off 12th Street.
- not fixed on or directed toward, as the gaze, eyes, etc.: Their eyes weren't off the king for a moment.
- from (a specified source): I bought it off a street vendor.
- from or of, indicating material or component parts: to lunch off cheese and fruit.
- from or by such means or use of: living off an inheritance; living off his parents.
- at some distance to seaward of: off Cape Hatteras.
- off of, [Informal.]off: Take your feet off of the table!
- in error;
wrong: You are off on that point.
- slightly abnormal or not quite sane: He is a little off, but he's really harmless.
- not up to standard;
not so good or satisfactory as usual;
inferior or subnormal: a good play full of off moments.
- no longer in effect, in operation, or in process: The agreement is off.
- stopped from flowing, as by the closing of a valve: The electricity is off.
- in a specified state, circumstance, etc.: to be badly off for money.
- (of time) free from work or duty;
nonworking: a pastime for one's off hours.
- not working at one's usual occupation: We're off Wednesdays during the summer.
- of less than the ordinary activity, liveliness, or lively interest;
slack: an off season in the tourist trade.
doubtful: on the off chance that we'd find her at home.
- more distant;
farther: the off side of a wall.
- (of a vehicle, single animal, or pair of animals hitched side by side) of, being, or pertaining to the right as seen from the rider's or driver's viewpoint (opposed to near): the off horse; the off side.
- starting on one's way;
leaving: I'm off to Europe on Monday. They're off and running in the third race at Aqueduct.
- lower in price or value;
down: Stock prices were off this morning.
- noting one of two like things that is the farther from the shore;
seaward: the off side of the ship.
- [Cricket.]noting or pertaining to that side of the wicket or of the field opposite that on which the batsman stands.
- the state or fact of being off.
- [Cricket.]the off side.
- to go off or away;
leave (used imperatively): Off, and don't come back!
- to kill;
FloridaFlor•i•da (flôr′i də, flor′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a state in the SE United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. 9,739,992. 58,560 sq. mi. (151,670 sq. km). Cap.: Tallahassee. Abbr.: FL (for use with zip code), Fla.
Hello there, this photo is about U.S. Aircraft Carrier And Part Of Its Escort “sunk” By French Submarine During Drills Off Florida ( Aircraft Carrier Sinking #7). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 720 x 491. It's file size is just 73 KB. Wether You decided to download It to Your laptop, you can Click here. You might too see more images by clicking the picture below or see more at here: Aircraft Carrier Sinking.
You're not. Every home seller because of their homes of furniture in need. This is the explanation you will find lots of selections in shops. It's important for one to ensure every one of the goods you choose according to your home along with your budget. Classic furniture can cost very expensive.
Seek out Aircraft Carrier Sinking that's not tough nontraditional should you place them outdoors. Check fixtures and the poor welds. Overlook them if you find a weld that appears even probably weak and discover furniture that's stable. Each outside furniture you choose must be able to withstand the weather of dynamics to become uncovered for several years.
Therefore, you ought not disregard the probability of utilizing the furniture. Commercials in lawn revenue along with nearby newspapers and thrift shops typically may have some good furnishings. You can have the furniture if necessary reupholstered. It is possible to save a lot of cash by pursuing these ideas.